Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Mint 21.3 Beta Released With Cinnamon 6.0 Desktop

Phoronix: Linux Mint 21.3 Beta Released With Cinnamon 6.0 Desktop

Linux Mint 21.3 beta is now available for testing as this latest Ubuntu-based, desktop-focused Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting update, but kinda sad to see they won't kernel version 6.6 just yet.

Comment

Michael

Typo

"marks the available of the public beta." should be "availability"

Comment

75% scale. I wish I had this on Gnome, on older low res screens it's way too big.

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
          75% scale. I wish I had this on Gnome, on older low res screens it's way too big.
          If it'll help, KDE scales down to 50%.

Comment

Doesn't 5.15 kernel basically mean there's no support for Ryzen 7000 CPUs? I had to upgrade to 6.0 before things started working.
            If so, that's a highly questionable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by david-nk View Post
              Doesn't 5.15 kernel basically mean there's no support for Ryzen 7000 CPUs? I had to upgrade to 6.0 before things started working.
              If so, that's a highly questionable decision.
              There will be an "EDGE" ISO release with a newer kernel. Not sure which one they will pick, but the kernel manager has 6.2 and 6.5 available.

There's nothing questionable about releasing with the base kernel of the LTS release, considering that works for most people and it's much more mature. The gap between the base kernel and the latest one grows bigger by the end of the second year of the LTS. But the good thing is we're about 6 months away from the next Linux Mint version, based on Ubuntu 24.04.

Comment

Working...
              X