Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical Launches MicroCloud To Deploy Your Own "Fully Functional Cloud In Minutes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MicroCloud looks interesting:

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
      L[/URL]inux process scheduler has been bugged since forever: https://thehftguy.com/2023/11/14/the...arly-20-years/
      There's nothing like blindly pasting nonsense:

The important note here is that this limit is about timescales, not anything else. Previously a 64 cpu system would blow up the latency to 6ms * (1 + ln)2(64)) = 42ms, which is atrocious.​
      It's not a bug, it's a feature (and no sarcasm here).

Comment

Michael And if this thread turned out to news how about the real ones:

Researchers uncover vulnerabilities in 34 Windows drivers that non-privileged hackers can exploit to take control of your device and execute code.

As many as 34 unique vulnerable Windows Driver Model (WDM) and Windows Driver Frameworks (WDF) drivers could be exploited by non-privileged threat actors to gain full control of the devices and execute arbitrary code on the underlying systems.

Of the 34 drivers, six allow kernel memory access that can be abused to elevate privilege and defeat security solutions. Twelve of the drivers could be exploited to subvert security mechanisms like kernel address space layout randomization (KASLR).​
        It turns out this Windows 'hybrid' (not hybrind enough I think..) kernel is nothing, but marketing joke.

Comment

I would like to see Cockpit packaged as a Snap so that you can install it on Ubuntu Core (which only supports snaps, not .deb packages).

I would also like to see a way to remotely via web browser manage Snap packages on a Ubuntu server.

Comment

So much talk about how easy it is to setup MicroCloud and nothing about what it really offers.

Comment

Working...
            X