Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenMandriva ROME 23.08 Brings KDE Plasma 6 TP Option, Continues With AMD Zen Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

It is not bias, racism or hatred, it's the fact that we can easily trace the path a packet of data takes between the source and the destination. There are 2 main ways to mask a source IP. a proxy server or a vpn and the end result is the same, you connect to one of these two and then use that computer or between to mask you IP.

Here's the thing, the same way that a botnet of 10000+ computers can be used to SYN Flood a target network to DDoS it, sending all this traffic through a vpn or proxy server would actually DDoS them and the traffic would set off alarms within the network and server meant to catch this sort of thing.

Also, anyone that has ever configured a a vpn or proxy server will know that you normally do not allow this type of traffic, you configure them to ignore ping/icmp.

When I say that North Korea, China and Russia are the biggest sources of intrusion attempts this is a proven fact, the route the packets take has been traced numerous times, both inbound and outbound and partnering with the people that run the Root Servers, various ISPs, various mega-scale datacenters has produced more than convincing evidence to support what I have said.

Now if you want to ignore it because of personal reasons, that's on you.
    Tracing path of the data? My good guy, if I want to steal data, I won't use my own VPN or the like. If using VPN, it will be bought using stolen CC from whatever countries/providers that provide cheap services. And maybe not using VPN altogether, but replace it with bots (say, I have 100 bot in several countries) and penetrated websites. The bot not neccessary use VPN. I then command bot A to send data to bot B, that in turn will viewing (but in reality not viewing, but dumping data) to the website. Like certain countries govs websites that's too easy to penetrated. Then erased my trail on those bot. I then drive for hours to neighbor city, go to starbuck, get that stolen data from the site using fake mac and then erasing my trail. Good luck tracing me.

Oh, and you can combine it with one-time-use mail too. Of course I won't accessed it from my home, usual browser and my PC with my personal VPN, mind you. The point is, there's many ways to steal data and leaving a false breadcrumb or erase the track altogether, but you just narrow it, Stealing data is just this one way; as if there's no other way to steal data.

Oh, and as for your information, US, AU and the like is one of the biggest offender of spying too (and you know, that if you can spy and get the data, of course you can stole it too). You just too biased to not want to see/acknowlege it.

And no, not ignoring what you said, but.. maybe retake your cyber security class. And just learn not too biased/hate/racist. Really.

Comment

Working...
    X