Ubuntu 23.10 Won't Be Shipping A GIMP 3.0 Snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotar View Post

You don't get anything. You argue against something I didn't write, therefore there's no point in me responding.

Again - you don't understand me falsifying the claims I've been responding to.
    ​Why would anyone want to move binary alone (i.e. the part of the entire program) to other system, which would eventually lack some 3rd party libraries? You simply shouldn't do this. On any system. Period.
    Right. So you should start compiling Chrome, Firefox and LibreOffice on your own computer and not download binaries from Google and Mozilla. Because binaries are not meant to be moved. Don't download VScode as well, because the VSCode binary created by Microsoft isn't meant to be moved. It's meant to be used only in WSL2, because that's what Microsoft used to produce the binary.

In fact, why are you even using a binary Linux distribution? You should be building your entire Linux system from nothing but just plain souce code since "binaries are not supposed to be moved".
    Last edited by Sonadow; 25 August 2023, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping GIMP goes through a growth spurt where it significantly lessens the gap between it and Photoshop.

Comment

Working...
      X