Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 23.10 Planning To Ship With The Linux 6.5 Kernel

Phoronix: Ubuntu 23.10 Planning To Ship With The Linux 6.5 Kernel

This shouldn't be particularly surprising for those closely tracking release cycles and the Linux kernel release cadence, but now it's official: Ubuntu 23.10 is aiming to ship with the Linux 6.5 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome

Comment

Using Linux 6.5 rc1 on a test machine ... it works like a stable release.
      There's no trouble like 6.4 release.

Comment

Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
        Using Linux 6.5 rc1 on a test machine ... it works like a stable release.
        There's no trouble like 6.4 release.

But you know there are problems. Just don't let them know. This year, 2x data loss in certain situations. And there are many bugs from 6.2(1)+ so far. That's why it's good to use older kernels. A year or more old. And only if it makes sense to use a new one, after careful testing. The fact that you are a user and just play like that can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

But you know there are problems. Just don't let them know. This year, 2x data loss in certain situations. And there are many bugs from 6.2(1)+ so far. That's why it's good to use older kernels. A year or more old. And only if it makes sense to use a new one, after careful testing. The fact that you are a user and just play like that can be.

Which are the kernels affected by bugs since 6.2 release, till now?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

Which are the kernels affected by bugs since 6.2 release, till now?
            all of them​, Just read it.​

Comment

regressions... 6.4.1 regression, huge drop in performance (AMD)

​etc
              And we will forget about those cases from this year when data was lost in certain cases.

In other words, I don't understand why a reasonable person would use new kernels if they don't have a good reason to do so. And that is not the cool and in style.​

Comment

« reasonable person » is not the good term, « unaware person » is better.
                And if I use / test last releases is just to know why things work instead of undergoing the conclusions of individuals in search of internet notoriety​.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

all of them​, Just read it.​
                  6.2 is involved too? 6.5 is going to fix these bugs and regressions?
                  Last edited by MorrisS.; 12 July 2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
                    « reasonable person » is not the good term, « unaware person » is better.
                    And if I use / test last releases is just to know why things work instead of undergoing the conclusions of individuals in search of internet notoriety​.
                    Since you answered the way you did, I don't think you're the kind of person who should be using new kernels.

Unfortunately, I use a translator. And there are also many things that differ from country to country.

Comment

Working...
                    X