X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSLW
    replied
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Try to rewrite it in a new disk. It happened me once something similar with openSUSE and was fixed in that way.
    Thanks but DVD is good because i checked installation on VirtualBox.

Leave a comment:

• fart_flower
    replied
    Originally posted by KDesk View Post
    And Apple writes there OS for there Hardware, if something doesn't work, that would be stupid.
    My brother-in-law's hackintosh has sound working just fine.

Leave a comment:

• fart_flower
    replied
    Originally posted by KDesk View Post
    Maybe your sound card driver is buggy, and doesn't work right with PA glitch-free, you can try to disable it by adding tsched=0 next to load-module module-hal-detect in your default.pa file. This would look like this:

load-module module-hal-detect tsched=0

And restart PA daemon. Take a look to this page http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/BrokenSoundDrivers

You can also try to change the resample method in file daemon.conf. From highest to lowest quality and cpu usage:

src-sinc-best-quality, src-sinc-medium-quality, src-sinc-fastest, speex-float-{10-0}, speex-fixed-{10-0}, ffmpeg, src-zero-order-hold, src-linear, trivial

More details: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578
    Sorry, but I've been through all that and am still bombarded with annoying digital farting noises.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by fart_flower View Post
    Having to manually edit a configuration file isn't a serious issue? Try telling that to Mac or Win users -- they will laugh themselves silly.

Sometimes you have to change certain settings under Windows so your sound card works as it should. I guess if the PA guys provided us with more fancy GUIs people wouldn't complain as much.

Leave a comment:

• KDesk
    replied
    Having to manually edit a configuration file isn't a serious issue? Try telling that to Mac or Win users -- they will laugh themselves silly.
    Maybe that is because in windows you can't edit more than a couple of files?
    And Apple writes there OS for there Hardware, if something doesn't work, that would be stupid.

Leave a comment:

• fart_flower
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    I never had any serious issue with PA. The times I did have problems, they were easily resolved by either editing /etc/pulse/daemon.conf

Leave a comment:

• KDesk
    replied
    Unfortunately, I'm still having the same sound issues (snap, crackle, hiccup) that have been plaguing me since introduction of Pulseaudio. Yeah...
    Maybe your sound card driver is buggy, and doesn't work right with PA glitch-free, you can try to disable it by adding tsched=0 next to load-module module-hal-detect in your default.pa file. This would look like this:

load-module module-hal-detect tsched=0

And restart PA daemon. Take a look to this page http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/BrokenSoundDrivers

You can also try to change the resample method in file daemon.conf. From highest to lowest quality and cpu usage:

src-sinc-best-quality, src-sinc-medium-quality, src-sinc-fastest, speex-float-{10-0}, speex-fixed-{10-0}, ffmpeg, src-zero-order-hold, src-linear, trivial

More details: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    The Firefox issues I think are more of the program's own problems than of Linux; Linux Firefox is much slower than Windows Firefox.
    I never had any serious issue with PA. The times I did have problems, they were easily resolved by either editing /etc/pulse/daemon.conf or installing pavucontrol and related applets. Hell, on my laptop running KDE4 sound would always crash until dared to configure PA and use it as default.

Leave a comment:

• fart_flower
    replied
    One thing that has always bothered me about recent desktop Linux flavours is the slow Firefox rendering. If there is a static background, scrolling grinds to a halt. Switching tabs is positively glacial. When I try and increase font size, which takes a split second on Windows, it can literally take up to half a minute in Linux. (Especially some fancier/text-heavy Japanese sites.) I surf at 1920x1200, so increasing font sizes is common practice.

I am currently running Fedora 11 off the live CD and have to say all these problems are fixed in Firefox 3.5. Yay! Okay, not really Fedora specific, but this is the first modern distro in recent history that didn't have a Firefox that felt ten times -- or more -- slower than the same version of Firefox running under WinXP.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same sound issues (snap, crackle, hiccup) that have been plaguing me since introduction of Pulseaudio. Yeah...

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    64bit should only be faster, when you do float point calculations..
    Don't you mean large integers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X