Ubuntu Touch OTA-1 Focal Released For Ubuntu 20.04 LTS On Smartphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by equareo View Post
    You can run signal through waydroid. You can also use Axolotl, but i think it breaks occasionally. Personally i use a matrix bridge to relay messages to the native app Cinny. You can host it yourself on a server or use a paid service like "element one". None of the solutions are ideal, but it's a workaround i can live with for now.
    I tried that. Waydroid is not ready yet, for example the microphone can't be access, so, no call, no voice messages...
    Axolotl I contributed to it for 3 months. It was fun, but I am convinced it's a very bad idea in the end, because the security level is much lower and there is nothing telling this to your contacts. So they are writing to you through Signal thinking you are having secure conversations while it's not the case. The codebase is not tested, and it will away lag behind upstream in term of features.
    If Matrix has a bridge with Signal, I'm afraid it faces the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post

I tried that. Waydroid is not ready yet, for example the microphone can't be access, so, no call, no voice messages...
      Axolotl I contributed to it for 3 months. It was fun, but I am convinced it's a very bad idea in the end, because the security level is much lower and there is nothing telling this to your contacts. So they are writing to you through Signal thinking you are having secure conversations while it's not the case. The codebase is not tested, and it will away lag behind upstream in term of features.
      If Matrix has a bridge with Signal, I'm afraid it faces the same problems.
      Yes that's true, I didn't think about voice calls. Hopefully waydroid can get it working soon.

Comment

Working...
      X