X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexmitter
    replied
    Originally posted by bgkillas View Post

imo the pinephone/pinephone pro are very nice phones the issues are mostly non kernel stuff at this point however i dont see linux phones ever being mainstreamed
    That is a good thing, at least to me a established niche is a lot better to be in then mainstream. With mainstream comes the commercial world that follows it around which ruins everything it touches.

Leave a comment:

• You-
    replied
    It may be a little confusing but this isnt the gnome mobile I want to play with on arm.

Still good that it is getting an edition, but for me, I look forward to using the gnome-shell version in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Nozo
    replied
    Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    Very important I think, as far as I understand is the linux phone experience not that great currently, I just fear that most problems are on the driver end so I am not sure if that can help there.
    For those with x86 tablets probably won't have those issues because those usually use Intel iGPUs, the thing comes with ARM hardware, and ARM lacks a standardized platform making it difficult to run a mainline kernel unlike x86, and GPU driver-wise are usually even worse than NVIDIA in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• pracedru
    replied
    Great. Phosh is very promising and fedora works really well for me now.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    I wish I could like phosh, I just want a nice and familiar UI. home button, multi view, and back.

universal back button I wish we had anyways.

Leave a comment:

• blackiwid
    replied
    Originally posted by bgkillas View Post

imo the pinephone/pinephone pro are very nice phones the issues are mostly non kernel stuff at this point however i dont see linux phones ever being mainstreamed
    I don't care if it is mainstreamed linux desktop is probably not mainstreamed so that is a complete non-argument for every linux user.

But crashes and low battery time and basic functionality should be there at least and when I listen to all the youtubers it's not.

Leave a comment:

• saladin
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post

Driver or hardware? I think the Purism phone only can run for few hours before running out of battery.
    I don't know about the librem phones, but I'm typing this on a OnePlus 6 running on PostmarketOS with GNOME mobile. The ecosystem is abysmal, and the phone has poor driver support outside of the essentials, but the hardware itself performs wonderfully and with perfectly acceptable battery life. (except the lack of hw acceleration in firefox because freedreno isn't whitelisted)

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    great i want a pinephone pro "Mobility Phosh" edition.

Leave a comment:

• bgkillas
    replied
    Very important I think, as far as I understand is the linux phone experience not that great currently, I just fear that most problems are on the driver end so I am not sure if that can help there.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Driver or hardware? I think the Purism phone only can run for few hours before running out of battery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X