Red Hat Developers Announce Work On New "Composefs" File-System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    So first Stratis and now Composefs? I know they are different but still, two filesystems in development by the same company seems like a bit much to me.
    Stratis is not a filesystem.

Comment

I think there's an XKCD comic about this...

Comment

Originally posted by ll1025 View Post

Stratis is not a filesystem.
        ... Then shouldn't it be renamed SINAF?

Comment

I was hoping composefs would do the equivalent of read only compressed initramfs-mounts with encryption.

Comment

You know Michael would probably get a lot of extra free time if he didn't write so many articles about the announcement of a new filesystem for an extremely specific edgecase thats only really applicable in like one datacenter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
              You know Michael would probably get a lot of extra free time if he didn't write so many articles about the announcement of a new filesystem for an extremely specific edgecase thats only really applicable in like one datacenter.
              That's not the situation here though. Composefs use cases include ostree (which is used by among other things, Flatpak). This isn't an edge case or data center specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
                that would also apply to you (and me, btw) if we didn't comment every Phoronix article when we have nothing interesting to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  So first Stratis and now Composefs? I know they are different but still, two filesystems in development by the same company seems like a bit much to me.
                  Stratis is not a File System, its a Daemon

Comment

Does this support JackD ? It's essential for my composition flow.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post
                      Does this support JackD ? It's essential for my composition flow.
                      The obvious use of composefs is to create a tragic opera about Hans Reiser.

Comment

Working...
                      X