Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE Leap Micro 5.3 RC Available For Testing

Phoronix: openSUSE Leap Micro 5.3 RC Available For Testing

This week the release candidate of openSUSE Leap Micro 5.3 was announced for testing. The Leap Micro project is openSUSE's modern and lightweight host Linux operating system intended for edge / embedded / IoT use-cases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can you also install a desktop environment on this and use it as a desktop system? I think openSUSE is a decent system with one of the best GUIs for system configuration. But the boot time was extremely slow the last time I tested it. Maybe this lightweight version will boot faster and have less bloat? In itself I am a fan of YaST but not a fan of systemd, Btrfs, KDE Plasma which have been the default in openSUSE for several years.

In terms of day-to-day use, I find the following systems to be faster/more stable/more unique:
    Nobara Project, Void Linux, Mint, EndeavourOS, MX Linux, NetBSD, Devuan, FreeBSD and Clear Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Classical View Post
      Can you also install a desktop environment on this and use it as a desktop system?
      No, you cannot

Comment

Working...
      X