Arch Linux's Archinstall 2.5 Released With FIDO2 Support, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

In all fairness, Phoronix could use an editor. For example, I think your issue would have been solve by putting all the new features in a list instead of in paragraph form. It also doesn't help that Michael has a unique writing style that tends to add extra words which can make articles harder to decipher at times.

Take that first block of the article. While there aren't any typos, "otherwise while also" should be "while" or "while also" since "otherwise" makes no sense in the given context. "Otherwise" what? Extra words add unnecessary confusion. I'd completely remove "for those wanting" and "some". I'd also change "sane defaults and getting the Arch Linux" to "sane defaults to get the Arch Linux" just to cut down the number of and's in the sentence.

After my editing that first sentence would become:
    I sincerely agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
      They should add f2fs compression as option during formatting partitions.
      So many useful options that could be added...

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

In all fairness, Phoronix could use an editor. For example, I think your issue would have been solve by putting all the new features in a list instead of in paragraph form. It also doesn't help that Michael has a unique writing style that tends to add extra words which can make articles harder to decipher at times.

Take that first block of the article. While there aren't any typos, "otherwise while also" should be "while" or "while also" since "otherwise" makes no sense in the given context. "Otherwise" what? Extra words add unnecessary confusion. I'd completely remove "for those wanting" and "some". I'd also change "sane defaults and getting the Arch Linux" to "sane defaults to get the Arch Linux" just to cut down the number of and's in the sentence.

After my editing that first sentence would become:
        poor michael got destroyed lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Castillo View Post

So many useful options that could be added...
          In the words of Major Winchester: "I do one thing at a time, I do it very well and then I move on".

Comment

Originally posted by Torxed View Post
            I created an issue on github and linked it to your comment: https://github.com/archlinux/archinstall/issues/1287
            Two thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

poor michael got destroyed lmao
              No, not at all. Michael is a technical writer, a programmer, as well as someone who clearly does a lot of behind the scenes work and, because of that, he tends to get tunnel vision in regards to the articles he writes. By tunnel vision I mean that he gets so focused on the story in his head that he completely misses little mistakes that are written because the words written are so very close to the words in his head that his brain fills in the blanks without him even realizing it.

That effect happens to all writers; especially those like Michael who may write four or five essays in a given day. Moreover, that effect affects anyone who hyper-focuses on a task for a long period of time regardless of industry or task at hand. For writing, editors, copy writers, and/or fact checkers normally catch issues like that because it can be very, very hard to do those roles when you're also the primary writer. The only way to make it easier on him would be for Michael to write all his articles, wait 24 to 48 hours, and then play editor. Waiting, for most people, can be essential to get the tunnel vision gone and properly edit without the story in your head filling in the blanks you're trying to find.

I wish know how to submit new words. I'd like to propose the word "anor" to mean "and/or".

Comment

ha... I used to really like arch install script, but i've been seeing more and more arch users who don't even know how to check what network system they are using. I haven't used the script for a while. but still see people who aren't using network manager every now and then

Comment

Working...
                X