Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ubuntu Preview" Makes It Easy To Try The Bleeding-Edge Ubuntu Experience On WSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird way to fix bug #1...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Well...
      I can't stand Gnome 3
      I can't stand Snap packages
      I can't stand forced upgrades
      I can't stand Microsoft's EEE, vendor lock-ins and anybody who's helping them in that direction.
      So it's pretty obvious that I cannot stand Canonical and I hate it every time they help Microsoft continue their shitty things against open source and Linux.
      You are utterly confused, there is nothing that Canonical does here that in any way shape or form helps Microsoft. WSL exits regardless of what you or I think about it and regardless of what Canonical does, Canonical realizes this and does things like this to stay relevant in the WSL world.

There are zero companies out there that planned to switch to Ubuntu but decided to stay on Windows due to Canonical releasing WSL images.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Same here on Gnome 3 and snap. Extremely rarely using windows for the past few years and I'm surprised just how boldly Microsoft takes control of your PC, they force you to make a MS account and give your phone number just to install it. Disgusting. Overall usage feels like Microsoft is constantly monitoring for an excuse to lock you out of your PC (while all kinds of data from you).
        Wait what? You now need to give out a phone number to register a copy of Windows?

Comment

Working...
        X