Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 11.3 Released With Many Bug Fixes, Security Updates

Phoronix: Debian 11.3 Released With Many Bug Fixes, Security Updates

Debian 12 "Bookworm" is coming next year while out this weekend is Debian 11.3 as the newest update in the "Bullseye" series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

On this way, i wanna say Thank you to all people who make this possible !!!

​​​​​
    FOR ME its the BEST OS ive ever been used !!!

​​​

Comment

I can't think of any other distribution to put on servers I run.
      Thanks Debian for the many many years you guys independently care for making a good and stable distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by tunnelblick View Post
        I can't think of any other distribution to put on servers I run.
        Thanks Debian for the many many years you guys independently care for making a good and stable distribution.
        It depends on the type of server. Last time I looked Debian didn't support much in terms of containers.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

It depends on the type of server. Last time I looked Debian didn't support much in terms of containers.
          What do you mean with "support"? Most support usually comes from the kernel. I have been using LXC since 2015 or so on Debian and Docker is also available. In the official Debian repositories, as well as from official Docker repositories.

Comment

But are these critical security bugs just arriving today or were they already released?
            Because in the first hypothesis, it seems to me a serious delay .... or I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
              But are these critical security bugs just arriving today or were they already released?
              Because in the first hypothesis, it seems to me a serious delay .... or I am missing something.
              IIRC point releases just refresh the images available for download.
              Those who kept update their system regularly already have these fixes and patches

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

Those who kept update their system regularly already have these fixes and patches
                In fact, it seemed strange to me, but from how the article is written it seems that the updates have only just arrived. So they are just ISO image updates.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. I'm managing a few Debian servers for a containerised building process, and it's working just fine for me. What do you feel is missing?

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

I think there usually a few packages / backports that may be held onto for a point release (as I keep mine up to date daily, but there still are 30-70 packages generally that still get an update when a point release happens. I'm not entirely sure what is the requirement/reason for it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X