No announcement yet.

Manjaro 21.2 Released With Better Btrfs Support, Linux 5.15 LTS Powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario Junior You must have been triggered, memes are powerful things and hold incredible foundational rooting in the subconscious. If a meme is generated and takes hold, yes it holds sway, power, and influence. All of which you don't have.

You must be jealous of Ubuntu as well. Look if you want an obscure dark corner distribution have at it, but don't expect people to not say something when you start shooting off how something that is well established and has been successful in many ways you think is crap. Cause for the most part the immediate applicable world moves otherwise, contrary to your opinion which is fantasy.
    Last edited by creative; 25 December 2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Btw I use Arch

We should have this as an emoji

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post

Manjaro is a meme garbage distro, like PopOS.

>DDoS AUR

Nothing personal, kid.
        Very strong arguments you got there...

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

Explain how its bloated.
          I don´t think they even know why they are crapping on it. Probably just reflex from a time they were influenced by other naysayers into not liking it.
          It´s better to disregard those, as when you use Manjaro daily, those non-argumented opiniated comments come out as rather funny, as it doesn't match the reality in any sort of way.

Comment

Mez' Its really a solid distribution. I updated Manjaro on my brothers Lenovo Legion 5 laptop, it had not been updated for an entire year. Yes, I had issues getting the system back up after not being updated for a year but I got it back up and running with brand new nvidia drivers and Linux 5.15, installed openshot along with kdenlive for him cause he wanted some video editing software and both of those are great.

The only real issue that I have had with the distribution is lightdm not being able to be started after certain updates. All I had to do is install the kernel 5.15 and its headers along with nvidia dkms using pacman at tty2. It all runs like a top now.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

Explain how its bloated.
              Just install Arch by yourself and discover how much is bloated...

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                I don´t think they even know why they are crapping on it. Probably just reflex from a time they were influenced by other naysayers into not liking it.
                It´s better to disregard those, as when you use Manjaro daily, those non-argumented opiniated comments come out as rather funny, as it doesn't match the reality in any sort of way.
                Speak directly to me...

Exclusive User-Friendly Tools

Another feature that sets Manjaro apart from Arch and other Arch-based distributions is its focus on tools to ease the general system maintenance. This extends far beyond just providing an easy graphical installer and pre-configured desktop environments. Manjaro also provides a range of powerful tools developed exclusively by the Manjaro Team.
                • Manjaro Hardware Detection (mhwd)
                • Manjaro Hardware Detection Kernel (mhwd-kernel)
                • Manjaro Settings Manager (msm)
                • Pamac - The Graphical Software Manager
                Those are for me unnecessary tools that makes an Arch based distro bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

Speak directly to me...
                  • Manjaro Hardware Detection (mhwd)
                  • Manjaro Hardware Detection Kernel (mhwd-kernel)
                  • Manjaro Settings Manager (msm)
                  • Pamac - The Graphical Software Manager

Those are for me unnecessary tools that makes an Arch based distro bloated.
                  I'll speak to whom I want.
                  Power users don't use the first 3 at all. But beginners do, and mhwd can be removed safely if I'm not mistaken. So it's not bloat.

Pamac on the other hand is an absolute must.
                  I can build my own packages, or if I feel like it I will use pacman or yay, but this is 2022 and a graphical way to install apps is non negotiable, either for non-geek users, or simply not to waste the precious time we could spend instead for something else (family, passion, breathe some air outside, etc...).

Comment

Those are just the tip of the iceberg, all those distros for newbie come with all the possible imaginable already installed, like printer drivers, graphics drivers, stuff for office etc... Including ten different run-times, QT, GTK etc... Only because new users want this or do not want "wasting time"; this means being bloated.

But the aspect that I fear the most is that all these distributions, like also MX, come with their own tools which expand their surface attack since these tools don't get enough eyes to find out potential vulnerabilities. We already knew that when one of these distros is going to reach a critical mass it will be pierced mercilessly as it already happened to Linux Mint, it is just a matter of time, and the gate will be one of those customized utilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X