Ubuntu Developers Figuring Out Dual-Boot Changes Ahead Of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Scaling on windows in general great. not only do you get good gpu scaling support but if you can run it in windowed mode, Magpie is a phenomenal tool. as it can do many filters (including integer, and fidelityFX-FSR). and IMO is the definitive way to play older games, as it even works with games that use their own APIs. like older games used to, for instance, make all 2D calls directly to wingdi.

But linux isn't so bad now thanks to gamescope, I wish they would implement glsl/hlsl filtering, but it does support "Integer scaling" (it's actually nearest neighbor, but close enough, you just have to set resolution yourself unlike GPU scaling which does it automatically). IMO vendor agnostic solutions are the best anyways. gamescope absolutely has it's issues still. so it isn't a solution yet.
    I agree with all of that and use all of those. I'm really hoping that vendor agnostic scaling is one of the things that Valve is trying to figure out before the release of their updated SteamOS.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I agree with all of that and use all of those. I'm really hoping that vendor agnostic scaling is one of the things that Valve is trying to figure out before the release of their updated SteamOS.
      I think gamescope will be ready to a suitable degree for steamos 3.0 the folks working on it have been doing some great work and it already has the basic scaling support I would consider to be a necessity now they just need to properly implement resolution changing xD

Comment

With 6 weeks to go has anyone heard where Ubuntu will land on the boot loader issue?

Comment

Working...
        X