Fedora Linux 35 Released As Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Linux 35 Released As Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

Phoronix: Fedora Linux 35 Released As Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

Fedora 35 is now officially available today as the latest major release of this Linux distribution developed by Red Hat and the open-source community. Fedora 35 is another very rich feature update at the forefront of Linux innovations from servers to the desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

for those who were wondering, I've verified the live 1.2 x86_64 iso is the exact same file as the release candidate from last week

Comment

We've been trying very hard to avoid "Phoronix says we're late again" these last few years, but when it comes right down to it making sure we release something we're confident in is most important. I will, however, give the same futile note: if this were proprietary software, you wouldn't know it was "delayed", because you wouldn't see the schedule or the development process.

But anyway, it's here now. Enjoy!

Comment

15 years ago, I couldn't wait to install the latest Fedora on a development machine. But my enthusiasm faded away, I think the last time I installed it was 10 years ago. Is that just me or has Fedora lost its mojo? What's its appeal these days?

Comment

I have been looking forward to Fedora 35 for a while. Post-release, I am expecting the Plasma desktop to be updated to 5.23.x version. This will be helpful for our conference room computer and all of our workstations running wayland. Fedora KDE has provided our small outfit with reliable computing these last two years. Our thanks to those involved!

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            15 years ago, I couldn't wait to install the latest Fedora on a development machine. But my enthusiasm faded away, I think the last time I installed it was 10 years ago. Is that just me or has Fedora lost its mojo? What's its appeal these days?
            it's just you

on a seriuos side, don't know which aspects of a distribution interest you the most but Fedora release are still awesome.

They are a good balance between new software relase and stability. They provide nice and clean appearance and great performances.
            Also, awesome hardware support.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by justinkb View Post
              for those who were wondering, I've verified the live 1.2 x86_64 iso is the exact same file as the release candidate from last week
              Thank you!

Comment

It works consistently well and has latest stuff. What more do you want?

Comment

The only exciting things I find about Fedora is A) will it boot at all on my machines, and/or B) finding out what pieces of software, including the WM, are buggy-broken at an inopportune time. No thanks.

Comment

Same here. 15 years ago, Fedora had some kind of a momentum. It was one of the 1st distro I tried (due to its popularity) when I was transitioning to Linux.
                    These days, it's a dev-oriented playground for Red Hat, and it lacks the user-centric approach of other distros. Plus it's been supplanted by so many distros, it now seems of negligible interest. You would probably recommend a dozen other distros to someone before thinking about its existence.
                    Last edited by Mez'; 02 November 2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X