No announcement yet.

Canonical Looking For Community Feedback As Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Development Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 22.04, my biggest need is btrfs ... nothing else comes close IMO! With 20.04 it is a PITA to get things set up properly with btrfs (but it is possible).
    If Wayland is stable enough, it would be nice to retire Xorg. But not at the expense of stability. (If I wanted a system that I had to actively manage on an almost daily basis, I would try Fedora. But I really prefer the stability I have had over the years from the Ubuntu LTS releases.)
    Thanks to the team at Canonical!

Comment

phoronix Could you please ran some benchmarks on Ubuntu running on M1 with Multipass? I'm curious to see how it performs..

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

Which distro and release is that? The Ubuntu packages site lists Chromium as transitional packages since 20.04, and installs the snap release if you go ahead with the command you showed.

Comment

Originally posted by kneekoo View Post

Which distro and release is that? The Ubuntu packages site lists Chromium as transitional packages since 20.04, and installs the snap release if you go ahead with the command you showed.
          That's Debian 11 / sid.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post
            The issue discussed here is Canonical removing the Chromium .deb packages and only offering the browser as a snap package. Ubuntu users have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
            X