CentOS Project Chair Karanbir Singh Steps Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
    Whether intentional or not, nice strawman. You're either a parasite or a contributor.
    Nope. I specifically called them different audiences. If you choose to consider one group as parasites, that's entirely on you.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

You said everyone was moving over to one type and I was refuting that.
      fine with that, my fault.

I was referring to the users of my kind, not thinking about Facebook and the other company who have different aims and needs.
      As you stated, they're taking advantage from Stream.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

You are conflating people who want just a free copy of a commercial enterprise linux system without paying for it who have moved on to the free RHEL subscription in some cases or other clone efforts like Rocky and people who want to contribute and make changes to CentOS and therefore end up with CentOS stream. These are just different audiences.
        That's the "Linux community" for you. Consists of nothing more than cancerous parasites that are high on "MUH OPEN SOURCE DISTRIBUTIONS MUST BE FREE OF COST BECAUSE SCREW RED HAT" and want an enterprise-grade distribution for $0.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

That's the "Linux community" for you. Consists of nothing more than cancerous parasites that are high on "MUH OPEN SOURCE DISTRIBUTIONS MUST BE FREE OF COST BECAUSE SCREW RED HAT" and want an enterprise-grade distribution for $0.
          We are all parasites. However unlike large corporations, us little guys don't get large subsidiaries underwritten by the tax payers (ironically us little guys) to splurge on RedHat.

But you are right. I need something much more "open" than the free little handouts from Red Hat. Freebies are tacky and old fashioned.
          Last edited by kpedersen; 20 October 2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
            Whether intentional or not, nice strawman. You're either a parasite or a contributor.
            So which are you?

Comment

I love all the Red Hat haters/whiners. I love even more now being able to tell you all to STFU. Now that is free and open.

Comment

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post

So which are you?
                I don't use any RedHat based distribution.

And those distributions I do use, I contribute to.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  With the advent of containers, I haven't felt the need to use CentOS for years now, really. Nevertheless, It's sad to see it go. It's a major part of Linux history.
                  Whisper to me your mysterious container ways :3

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
                    Whisper to me your mysterious container ways :3
                    In the past, if you've built something that's supposed to run everywhere, you'd use CentOS. Now, you just put it in a docker image :P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      In the past, if you've built something that's supposed to run everywhere, you'd use CentOS. Now, you just put it in a docker image :P
                      What if your thing doesn't run in a container? Is someone making RHEL-compatible containers to put it in? Rocky perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                      X