• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arQon
    replied
    Originally posted by NathanG View Post
    Hopefully resolved in 21.10.
    I think having a working keyboard is pretty handy even on an HTPC. I'm not interested in waiting 6 months for that to happen.

Similarly - though this is a good example of why - I'm not interested in running Wayland until it's actually functional, and I'm not interested in GNOME4 at all. The original post was tongue-in-cheek, but apparently closer to the truth than I realized.

I was considering trying Wayland on the Pi (since it's no big deal if it falls over), but I think I'll go back to ignoring it for a few more years after all.

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    5.11 has been available via linux-generic-hwe-20.04-edge for quite a while now.

Leave a comment:

• NathanG
    replied
    Fresh install however found the cause and fix of the issue. Bug with logitech keyboards in wayland (I tried two different Logitech ones.). Hopefully resolved in 21.10.
    ​​​​​https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=310293

Are you running the PI4 as I thought it offered it automatically, it was only on incompatible hardware it blocked it?

Does GDM just show Ubuntu with X as an option?
    Last edited by NathanG; 11 August 2021, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• arQon
    replied
    Originally posted by mangeek View Post
    21.10 dailies have Gnome 40 now, so if you're interested in having a trouble-free & mature Gnome 40 / Wayland experience in 22.04 LTS
    "then you're out of your damn mind", is, I suspect, how that sentence should actually end.

I'm running 21.04 on a Pi too, but with X - it was updated from 20.04 and has never even offered me Wayland. NathanG did you install from 20.10 and have it offered then, or did you add it yourself later?

Leave a comment:

• NathanG
    replied
    Tried the keyboard and USB at the time but must admit not sure the last time the EEPROM was updated, I'll give it a try!

Leave a comment:

• mangeek
    replied
    That's odd NathanG , I was running 21.04 on my Pi 4 with Wayland beautifully from the day it landed until last week when I switched to 21.10 dailies.

You might want to try updating the EEPROM from a Raspbian SD Card, try a different keyboard, or try switching to the other bank of USB ports.

Leave a comment:

• NathanG
    replied
    21.10 dailies have Gnome 40 now, so if you're interested in having a trouble-free & mature Gnome 40 / Wayland experience in 22.04 LTS, 21.10 will be the one to bug-hunt in.
    Really hope 21.10 is better, tried my PI 4 with 21.04 and wayland yesterday, after login the keyboard stopped working except for the super (windows) key. All applications (shell, Firefox, menus, libreoffice, nautilus etc...) and yet system password requests still accepted input and worked fine. Switched to X and everything is smooth and I can type again.

Leave a comment:

• stormcrow
    replied
    Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

... if your computer can boot it. (couple of mine can't)
    Edit to add: The jump to kern 5.11 was a little weird on my desktop. For months I've been on 5.8.x like most using LTS. Then it installs 5.10 a couple days ago. Now it's 5.11. Presumably it'll stick to 5.11 till the next point release. I just don't remember LTS jumping minor version numbers that quickly before.

Leave a comment:

• stormcrow
    replied
    21.10 dailies have Gnome 40 now, so if you're interested in having a trouble-free & mature Gnome 40 / Wayland experience in 22.04 LTS, 21.10 will be the one to bug-hunt in.
    ... if your computer can boot it. (couple of mine can't)

Leave a comment:

• mangeek
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X