Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel R6U1 Prepares For AMD Milan, Adds WireGuard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I meant the Linux kernel as a whole, not the Oracle one. I'm aware Oracle is leeching on RHEL.
    It didn't seem that way since you started with "In comparison to every other kernel." To me that implied Oracle's implementation of the Linux kernel. That now has me curious if stability tests have been done against different implementations of the Linux kernel and if one distribution offers a more stable kernel than another in regards to demanding or oddball workloads.

Everyone leeches on RHEL; at least Oracle contributes back meaningful things to the community from time to time...I'm not defending them because they still have twice as many reasons to be disliked.

Vistaus
    FriendlyUnicornCompatibleKernel

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It didn't seem that way since you started with "In comparison to every other kernel." To me that implied Oracle's implementation of the Linux kernel.
      Probably I wasn't clear enough. I meant: to any non Linux kernel. Oracle is one of the last companies I would praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Probably I wasn't clear enough. I meant: to any non Linux kernel. Oracle is one of the last companies I would praise.
        You were. The second time I got it, but the first time I didn't. I wasn't being very clear when I didn't say that.

Comment

Working...
        X