Ubuntu Is Looking At Offering Better WiFi Support By Using Intel's IWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
    But they don't actually have that history.
    Yes they have, it's the same old story and I don't have the time to repeat the same things all over again for people like you that won't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by om26er View Post
      Snap, while you may not like it, didn't have an "alternate" at the time. The distro packaging formats only work for building a distro, nothing else. Ask an ISV and you'll know.
      Flatpak formerly known as xdg-app pre-dates Snap.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

Flatpak formerly known as xdg-app pre-dates Snap.
        Snap initial release was December 2014. Xdg-app initial release was in September 2015. But Snap was a redesign of Canonical's previous system, Click, which was available in 2010, I believe. The purpose of the redesign was to turn Snap into a more general purpose package management solution, making it incomparable to FlatPak, since FlatPak doesn't support the core features of the Snap system. If you do want to compare the FlatPak features, then you should compare to Click, which as I said is many years older than xdg-app.

Comment

On laptop HP 8570w after sleeping is not going wifi with iwd !, it is neded restart of pc or command: systemctl restart iwd.service

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
            does iwd now allow to select a specific BSSID?
            i thought it has a lot missing features
            Now I can select BSSID field in NetworkManager with iwd backend and it seems to work (it was remembering the bssid of a device that does not exist anymore and it didn't want to connect to the network until I changed that field).
            I don't know if this is due to iwd or NetworkManager though

Comment

Working...
            X