No announcement yet.

Linux Mint 19.3 "Tricia" Released With Better HiDPI Support, App Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and you have to do it? You can also use the Software Center click, type "vlc", click install, done.
    I understand that is a issue then

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      "Celluloid replacing Xplayer as the media player"

Not sure why they keep parroting this. They're replacing VLC. Which is very strange, considering that the primary goal of Mint is being user friendly and noob friendly. So they put a random noname player instead of what the entire universe is using on all platforms and expect granny to sudo apt install vlc from now on.
      I doubt "granny" even knows what VLC is anyway. And there's always the software center where people can easily install VLC. And just for the record: a lot of other "noob-friendly" distros don't ship with VLC by default either. In fact, not even Windows with its extremely high market share ships with VLC by default!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Having to open a terminal is an issue.
        There's the software center. And besides: do most "noobs" (as the OP put it) even know what VLC is? If I use the term 'VLC' in my family and friends circle (and my friends are 18-30 years old, like me, so they grew up with computers), less than a handful of people know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Having to open a terminal is an issue.
          For whom?

Comment

When will we see Clear Linux optimizations in Linux Mint?

Comment

Originally posted by The post above

For whom?
              For the average user. Often they are unaware how to use the console.

Comment

Working...
              X