Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 10.2 Released With The Latest Security Fixes

Phoronix: Debian 10.2 Released With The Latest Security Fixes

Debian 10.2 is out this morning as the latest point release to the "Buster" series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Speaking about Gnome Shell fixes.. THANK YOU so much Canonical. First you fix upstream GNOME. Then you fix and update upstream Debian. Then you fix and update Ubuntu.

God fucking damn, son, this fanboying is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      starshipeleven You are off-topic. Again.
      This is annoying too!

Everyone is off-topic according to you, unless they talk about GNOME.

Come on, you don't own the forum!

Comment

I thought Devuan already made the necessary changes to secure fix Debian ?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

God fucking damn, son, this fanboying is annoying.
          He's the new debianxfce... debiangnome?.

Comment

I've noticed many more people are installing Debian these days, and I have no idea what's driving them to do so, because they are technical morons.

Not helpful, when no driver is included because it's "non-free". So literally nothing works except one atheros wifi chip from a decade ago. It's quite annoying.

I'm wondering where the Debian publicity is coming from, because these morons are bugs splattering on a windshield, and everyone else is forced to clean up the mess. There needs to be better disclosure about Debian's hardware support out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
              I've noticed many more people are installing Debian these days, and I have no idea what's driving them to do so, because they are technical morons.
              Not helpful, when no driver is included because it's "non-free". So literally nothing works except one atheros wifi chip from a decade ago. It's quite annoying.
              I'm wondering where the Debian publicity is coming from, because these morons are bugs splattering on a windshield, and everyone else is forced to clean up the mess. There needs to be better disclosure about Debian's hardware support out of the box.
              It's interesting that someone not capable of configuring the system calls other people morons - not to speak of being extremely impolite to a whole bunch of brilliant people. You should try to avoid crowds of hackers in the foreseeable future.

As a second thought - I hope that there are a lot of people who are glad to be able - or at least trying - to use an entire free system.
              You know, those GPL, GNU, free software cancer which helped to get big companies contributing to Linux?
              Most people only know of open source SW and don't know what monsters are luring in their computers ({SC}ME/PSP, TPM, OOOE, TSX, SMP/HT...), till HW mitigations bite them. Would be time to really demand free HW, not to cry for only getting unfree drivers by typing in a simple command.
              But after Stallman was called out by FSF and rumors spread GNU people would like to do the same, I am no longer thinking that the meaning of free is even known by those using this name. By the way, freedom is meant of freedom of the users, thus GNU is much more free than BSD. So, if you can take the code and build proprietary SW or misuse code to enslave users, this code is not free. And if you hide configuration options which had been common for tens of years (yep, talking to GNOME people), how can you dare to call your SW free - just because you use a free license. We will see if free software gets stronger now or if it got washed out with big companies forcing their SW on all users again ... which seems to be the reason behind those defamation campaigns.

Where Debian publicity is coming from - just look at the most prominent distros out there - and look at the share Debian and its derivatives got.
              Seems to be you are absolutely new in Linux circles ... you have a lot to learn - or just go to Windows and mac. No free SW - all on board, pre-installed, and if it's not working, it's just a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by JMB9 View Post
                It's interesting that someone not capable of configuring the system calls other people morons [...]
                Welcome to the Flatpak generation

Comment

What is Flatpak?

Debian "works" that is why people are installing it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBit View Post
                    What is Flatpak?

Debian "works" that is why people are installing it these days.
                    Arguably so does a lot of other distros.

Debian has long term support and people are familiar with it. You can get the latest versions of desktop software with things like Flatpak too. I'm personally not a fan because it uses unsupported versions of GNOME, but that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                    X