No announcement yet.

Fedora 32 Looking At Switching Firewalld From Iptables To Nftables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... I do hope nftables isn't going away as some users here suggested. I've been using nftables for quite a long time. So long in fact, that I've removed the old iptables stuff from kernel.
    Yes. a Gentoo user here. Hi.

Comment

Originally posted by chilinux View Post
      Considering Fedora is normally the incubator to test changes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
      no more than debian is normally the incubator to test changes for ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by chilinux View Post
        It might be that the current user-space tools still have limitations but at least the inflexibility that puts limits on the usefulness and performance optimization is finally being move out of the kernel in the new model.
        first of all, thanks a lot for your comment!!
        I still have some doubts that I need to sort by myself, about this new model..
        I understand that its better to use less resources, if we can..

But I don't really know the trade offs needed to achieve that..
        It could be that the new model is weird? I mean maybe complex, for the majority of situations, and in this case.. you end up creating something, that plays nice with 1% of the situations but in 99% of the cases, is not needed?

I am just asking since iptables syntax is literally very simple, at least for this "99% use cases"..

Comment

nftables syntax isn't that much more difficult for the simple stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
            I am just asking since iptables syntax is literally very simple, at least for this "99% use cases"..
            I never fully understood iptables logic. But I really didn't use it that much since I switched to nftables quite early.

Comment

Working...
            X