Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspbian Based On Debian 10 Offering Up Some Performance Improvements For Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"...So please explain or fuck off."
    More big words from your stellar vocabulary, eh, mouth-breather?
    Who the hell do you think you are, a total cretin, demanding the impossible--i.e., explaining something to you--when it's obvious you have trouble simply using the English lanuage?
    "An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. ‬Hence the difficulty of forcing anything into an empty head.‭"‬--Eric Hoffer

“You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.”― Albert Einstein
    Right. Einstein was extremely gifted and wise. Your friend (if you have a friend), who looked up this quotation for you, will also find that Einstein was so wise that he knew to use the word 'grandmother', rather than 'room-temperature-IQ idiot'.

"More big words, some offensive, some not still no answer."
    You need to go back and get a refund on that lobotomy, jerk. Not only can't you speak or write, you can't read AND have the reading comprehension of a cabbage. What you quoted was, "Gee, Mr. BrainTrust--if only you were on the board over at the Raspberry Pi Foundation...". The FULL, OFFENSIVE sentence / paragraph (don't worry; OTHERS will know what a 'paragraph' is)--

"Gee, Mr. BrainTrust--if only you were on the board over at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, look at all the money and effort you could have saved the Foundation by pointing THESE gems out before they went to all this trouble."
    You, obviously, are totally incapable of recognising offense.

This whole exercise is like "casting pearls before swine", on the part of anyone who would attempt to explain anything to you. But keep responding--you have only 10819 posts, and we all desperately need the entertainment you provide. BUT...your surpassing (have someone explain this complex word to you) hard work is indeed admirable (...and this one, too)--

"We are all born ignorant, but it takes really hard work to remain stupid."--Benjamin Franklin.
    "Nature, not being content with denying him the ability to speak or write, also withheld the ability to think."--anon

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
      More big words from your stellar vocabulary, eh, mouth-breather?
      So "please fuck off" is what you wanted me to tell you. Fine, you made your choice.

Fuck off.

Comment

Boy did I walk into the wrong playground...

Comment

A valuable lesson in human nature...or, at a minimum (and as is obvious, the very minimum), a valuable lesson in carbon-based life-form nature--

@ 40 --
          "...More big words, some offensive..."
          "...So please explain or fuck off."

@ 43 --
          "So "please fuck off" is what you wanted me to tell you. Fine, you made your choice...
          Fuck off."

Ever notice? It seems that the thing which is so easily offended and which complains so loudly about having been offended...is the thing which is the most offensive.

...but most of you already knew that.

Comment

"An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. ‬Hence the difficulty of forcing anything into an empty head.*"‬--Eric Hoffer
            A vacuum is not really a vacuum; it is stuffed with rubbish. What is that "rubbish" then?

[QUOTE=danmcgrew;n1110406]"We are all born ignorant, but it takes really hard work to remain stupid."--Benjamin Franklin.

False. Being stupid is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

A vacuum is not really a vacuum; it is stuffed with rubbish. What is that "rubbish" then?
              1) Something empty is not necessarily a vacuum.
              2) Your "rubbish" is obviously Dark Matter.

Thanks for playing.

Comment

Wow. 1 question on the benefits of a 64 bit OS on a RasPi turned into the ultimate love fest. No apathy in the world of RasPi, that is for sure.

For a second I thought someone was going to post a treatise on the Wittenberg door a la Martin Luther.

Comment

Ever notice?
                  "Get out, you're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge".

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    No, a 32bit system can access 4GB of RAM fine.

ARM boards aren't shitty x86 systems, there is no "hardware reserved" stupidity enforced by BIOS that eats into that.

You need a 64bit only if you go beyond 4GB.
                    Actually, you only need 64bit if you need more than ~3GB (or even 3.5, depending on the implementation) __per__ application.
                    As far as I remember ARM's LPAE uses 40bit addressing, which should translate to 1TB of physical RAM, and if ARM's implementation is anywhere near as effective as x86's PAE, the performance hit should be minimal (and given 64'bit far larger memory foot-print, and hence, larger memory transfers, lower cache hit rates, etc), it should perform better than 64bit ARM.

People tend to forget that the biggest performance improvement x86_64 got from going 64bit was due doubling the number of registers (a major shortcoming in 16/32bit x86) - it was not the added memory space.

- Gilboa
                    Last edited by gilboa; 09 July 2019, 02:43 AM.
                    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

I've been running 4 Orange Pi 3 boards on 64-bit Debian 'Buster' Linux 5.2.1. They're blazingly fast, no matter what I throw at them. I run an X-window client to them and run Google Chrome, which is fast than my crappy IMB laptop. The Orange Pi 3 can beat the Raspberry Pi 4 in many of the Phoronix's tests.

Comment

Working...
                      X