Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenSUSE Adds Option To Installer For Toggling Performance-Hitting CPU Mitigations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel Spektor
    replied
    Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
    I've always like SuSE, nice work. Make SLES great again.
    before ubuntu even existed, suse was ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• xorbe
    replied
    Disable per-process page tables for additional performance : ☑

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    This is good to see, and I'll bet they've built a YaST module too then, so you can make the same changes after installation.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    This is a very welcome change! Those mitigations make little sense if only trusted code will be executed.

Leave a comment:

• k1e0x
    replied
    I've always like SuSE, nice work. Make SLES great again.

Leave a comment:

• OpenSUSE Adds Option To Installer For Toggling Performance-Hitting CPU Mitigations

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Adds Option To Installer For Toggling Performance-Hitting CPU Mitigations

With the newly released openSUSE Leap 15.1 they have added an option to their installer for toggling the CPU mitigations around Spectre / Meltdown / Foreshadow / Zombieload to make it very convenient should you choose to retain maximum performance while foregoing the security measures. But it also allows disabling SMT/HT from the installer should you prefer maximum security...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X