Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Least 27% Of Gentoo's Portage Can Be Easily LTO Optimized For Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

There won't be enough RAM on that machine to use LTO, even the new thin-LTO is a memory guzzler
    It's working so far. I already have a fully working install with LTO.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I'm not using GentooLTO, so I have no reason to open a bug report there. In fact, I think me opening a bug report would be a bad idea. I don't like seeing people who don't even use a project opening bugs and telling people who do use it what's right and wrong.
      That's too bad! It's good to have more opinions and debate circulating within the project. Your contributions will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

It's working so far. I already have a fully working install with LTO.
        Are you saying you compiled your whole system on the Asus EEE with 1GB of RAM, even with the two models that had 2GB I still doubt that would be enough - I struggle to get Chromium built with LTO with a machine with 8GB of RAM

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Are you saying you compiled your whole system on the Asus EEE with 1GB of RAM, even with the two models that had 2GB I still doubt that would be enough - I struggle to get Chromium built with LTO with a machine with 8GB of RAM
          It's a pretty basic XFCE install, so far the only thing I had to use swap for was webkit-gtk. Don't have chromium or anything installed though. I mounted a swap file on /dev/shm from another machine over NFS just for temporary swap when I need it.

Comment

Working...
          X