Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 30 Is Shaping Up To Be Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone list 5 features which would make Fedora 3x exciting? like REALLY exciting, like that release that makes every user of every other distro come here?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      whats so " Exciting " about Workstation ? its the same ole same ole crap each release. are you smoking something Michael
      You must be new here. Everything by Red Hat, especially GNOME and Fedora, is termed as "exciting" on phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
        I have been testing Fedora 30. I discovered that if KDE is installed first, you can add Gnome and Deepin to the same single install.
        At login time, using the gear icon, one can choose to log into one of the three
        Here is the issue. If you install Gnome first, KDE or Deepin will not run when you try to use it. So go ahead, install Gnome, then KDE and Deepin in the order you like best and confirm that it works just fine. Perhaps Gnome software became more "sociable" and likes to coexist with other interfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
          Can anyone list 5 features which would make Fedora 3x exciting? like REALLY exciting, like that release that makes every user of every other distro come here?
          NO!

I can't even list one "feature" that makes it "exciting", but I can list one that makes it the worst distro out there...Anaconda.

I honestly think Michael is sponsored by Red Hat and/or Fedora and that's why he claims he likes it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
            GNOME 3.32 (GTK refresh).

Fedora is nice because its a "test bed" of new Red Hat tech that other distro's will adopt in 10 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by ldesnogu View Post
              Real (wo)men don't use GUI.
              Pffft. You kids and your fancy keyboards and transistors.. Real grownups use vacuum tubes and punch cards. Oh, and get off my lawn! (I might need that space to upgrade my mainframe.)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
                I honestly think Michael is sponsored by Red Hat and/or Fedora and that's why he claims he likes it so much.
                Please don't make the "shill" claim without some proof. Maybe Michael likes Fedora because it suits his workflow and he has contacts with Fedora and Red Hat?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                  Fedora is a project by Micro$oft and Nintendo to destroy the linux desktop.
                  debianxfce, please don't use more than one account to spread your FUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

GNOME 3.32 (GTK refresh).

Clear Linux is nice because its a "test bed" of new Intel tech that other distro's will adopt in 10 years time.
                    Fixed that for you.

Comment

I'm a Slackware man myself but I enjoy taking the Fedora Xfce "spin" for a spin once in a blue moon. I don't get the Red Hat hate, I really want to try this "Fleet Commander" in particular. Getting a Linux workstation to join an AD/Windows domain would be another small step towards convincing my employer to let me chuck this Windows 10 monstrosity on my desk for a Linux distro

Comment

Working...
                      X