Fedora 30 Might Finish Removing The Old Yum Package Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    normal people get tired when the same idiotic jokes are repeated over nearly a decade besides some of that idiots for sure make no jokes at all with their systemd hate and someone like you refusing to watch a video because it's content could stop you from trolling in the future at least all the time on the same topic are the worst of all
    You do realize that you can simply ignore things you're not interested in? I already told you that and to expect people to take a full hour of their time to listen to what essentially amounts to an appeal to authority fallacy is silly to say the least.

But hey... Keep white knighting that piece of software with fundamental issues in development methodology run by a moron. I'll just keep laughing at you and pointing out that feature creep and having that big of an attack surface in something which, when successfully attacked, is basically a complete "game over" situation in terms of security.

Comment

well, and why do you idiots not using systemd for whatever reason not follow that advise?
      Do we need to? Because you're the one having an autistic fit over us making jokes about a piece of software...

bullshit, it's not only about systemd, it's about reasoning and how the IT moves on but i can't stop you from keep stupid. it's also about why other operating systems need to keep up ore become meaningless in a few years
      You do realize that there is such a thing as doing something badly? You can be an idiot even when you're doing something that isn't stupid per say, you can also do something in a dumb way.

systemd itself is only one possible implementation of a greater picture
      Nobody's saying that init didn't need to be replaced. No, the issue is with how that replacement has been implemented and what kinds of morons have been put in charge of that task. The fact that something needed to be made doesn't make the implementation of it immune from criticism or that it can't be done in a really incompetent way that ignores some very basic software development principles.

Fundamentally what you and most of the defenders of SystemD do, consciously or not, is try to deflect the issue and claim that it's about what it sets out to do, not that it's trying to do that in a really dumb way and by dumb people who either don't understand the UNIX philosophy and the reasoning behind it or are just deliberately ignoring it.

Comment

besides that it's mostlly not a joke but repeated false flags (and often enough just lies by intention like "it's monotholic" proven often enough at wrong it becomes tiring when a handful of clowns repeating their same jokes again and again
        Right... So comparing SystemD to the main villain from a sci-fi movie is somehow a "false flag" and not a joke? You really do need to look up what a "false flag" operation actually is because people criticizing a piece of software certainly isn't one. Hell, I could make the argument that you're doing a false flag by being really bad at defending SystemD from criticism.

yeah, like repeat dumb arguments all the time
        Haha! Because the closest you've come to actually disproving that it isn't following some very basic design principles is try to insist it's detractors want just don't any changes to init even thou people who stick to it make it abundantly clear that they do that because the flaws in it's implementation and development methodology outweigh the benefits.

this is *not* true! man ysay this again and again
        In your head maybe... But real life doesn't quite line up with your mental straw men.

that's your opinion, but when you drive on a one way street and everybody else is driving in the other direction it's often a sign that yours is wrong
        Again, the fact that this is a convenient straw man that lets you dodge the substance of the criticism against SystemD doesn't make it even remotely true.

there is a difference in criticism and repeat proven wrong one in a stubborn way again and agin
        ...says someone who keeps missing the actual point of the critique over and over again. The thing about straw men, both when done consciously and un-consciously, is that they lose they completely lose their effectiveness as soon as people see trough it the first time.

well, and by repeating the "UNIX philosophy" bullshit again and again while refuse to watch a video with the title "The Tragedy of systemd" where a completly neutral person explains how Unix was made and why it was made that way at that point of time makes it hard too take you serious
        A completely neutral person that fails to understand the substance of the criticism against SystemD? Because that makes him either plain dishonest or a moron, like you with your repeated attempts at insisting that the criticism isn't about how it's implemented or how the project is run when it's exactly that.

but over time things become really mature on all ends and other than you i am not stubborn
        Not stubborn? Here you are raging about people criticizing a piece of software because someone made a joke about an issue it suffers from (feature creep) that you haven't even tried to disprove. Not only that, you're always trying to defend the damn thing in the comments to every phoronix that even mentions it.

Comment

well, and why do you idiots not using systemd for whatever reason not follow that advise?
          Why the fuck would we ignore systemd when it gets pushed down distros' throats? What a fucking wuss mentality you have.

You must be that kind of guy who complains about politics privately, and never goes to vote, because "you dislike all the choices" and then whine when it doesn't go your way. How the fuck you expect change if you keep it to yourself? What a retard.

We don't like most of systemd because it reminds us of Windows and we don't use it for a reason (speaking in terms of OS now, services and kernel and shit, not platform). So if you like systemd so much go fucking use Windows since it had something similar for decades.

When we see systemd pushes and pushes to turn Linux more into Windows of course we're going to complain about it, and nothing you say will change that, deal with it.

Comment

why the fuck do you don't complain them at distro level
            And who said I don't? Less assumptions, more brain, it helps.

Comment

so and beause everybody said there "shut up and go away useless troll" you need to spit your shit here?
              Yes, this is the only place somebody will listen and reply to his stupidity. You should probably stop doing so.

Comment

do yourself a favor and watch the video instead spread bullshit like "fails to understand the substance of the criticism against SystemD" when the opposite is true

if you refuse to you are not qualified to talk about this topic at all because you are not open-minded enough for opinions outside your bubble
                You already summarized what it says and I'm not going to waste a full hour of my time on what essentially amounts to an appeal to authority fallacy. To claim that I'm somehow not open minded when all you've done so far is to refuse to even listen to the substance of most peoples' gripes with SystemD, insisting that those aren't the gripes people have with it, is just plain laughable.

If you can't explain something yourself, you clearly don't have an argument to actually make. Particularly when you've done nothing to disprove the issues me and others have brought up with the way SystemD is being developed and how it's ended up because of it (i.e a bloated mess that still keeps appropriating new features like it's the Master Control Program from Tron).

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
                  Yes, this is the only place somebody will listen and reply to his stupidity. You should probably stop doing so.
                  Ah, says the butthurt retard who still licks his wounds after being proven wrong with facts and source code and which I always have to argue with morons for 10 pages, morons who always provide absolutely zero facts.

(for hreindl this has nothing to do with this thread, but with programming topics for big boys, like ELF/DLL loader and so on, so don't bark in, it's between me and brrrrttttt/oiaohm cause I still have that proof bookmarked if you want to also get wrecked).
                  Last edited by Weasel; 01 February 2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

so and beause everybody said there "shut up and go away useless troll" you need to spit your shit here?
                    Why aren't you on systemd forums and tracker or distro forums saying "shut up and go away useless troll" to those criticizing systremd?

Defend it there since it's on topic. Go spit your shit there and follow your own advice, dickhead.

Comment

when guys with that low technical knowledge you show in every single topic talking about programming is somehow amusing
                      Why don't you go and provide counter-proof then, fuckface?

Here's the thread: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...78#post1057378

Until then your "technical knowledge" has zero value.

Comment

Working...
                      X