Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netrunner 2018.08 KDE-Aligned Linux Distribution Released With Seamless GTK Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by archie2016 View Post
    So this is just a Linux-distro with KDE and some color tweaks? In the screenshots I don't see anything special, but maybe I'm not seeing it.
    Debian or Manjaro derivative. It is the distro of Blue Systems, a well-known sponsor of KDE, so it's probably more polished than average.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Candy View Post
    > With Seamless GTK Apps

Looks like the Maintainers of this Distribution has a different understanding of "Seamless" than the rest of us.
    But "Seamless" does mean totally different to me.
    Technically correct, but what you are asking is not in the same ballpark, this is the most "seamless" you can do without basically writing a GTK-shim for KDE (so that GTK applications are remapped to use KDE buttons and GUI features), which is another thing entirely.

Leave a comment:

• archie2016
    replied
    So this is just a Linux-distro with KDE and some color tweaks? In the screenshots I don't see anything special, but maybe I'm not seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    > With Seamless GTK Apps

Looks like the Maintainers of this Distribution has a different understanding of "Seamless" than the rest of us. With "Seamless" Integration I would understand, that the Toolbars and Menus behave and look similar than the rest of the Desktop (as KDE seem to be the main target here). So here a rhetorical question (whose answer I of course know): Why do you have bubble menus within Gtk+ and not within KDE ? Why do you have fancy different looking Toolbar (disabled Window Toolbar) Icons than within KDE ? Questions over questions... You are not the first one trying to merge things together, that doesn't fit together.

You can try to make it look quite similar in optics and behaviour... But "Seamless" does mean totally different to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's quite cool. Might give it a spin while I wait for the Ubuntu 18 rebase of KDE Neon.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    I wish, breeze-gtk color generator would be finally complete and integrated into KDE settings. So far it's a manual process.

Leave a comment:

• Netrunner 2018.08 KDE-Aligned Linux Distribution Released With Seamless GTK Apps

Phoronix: Netrunner 2018.08 KDE-Aligned Linux Distribution Released With Seamless GTK Apps

Netrunner, one of the Linux distributions delivering a great KDE Plasma desktop experience, is out today with version 2018.08 that ships several enhancements on top of the very latest KDE packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X