Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Leap 15 Released, Based On SUSE Linux Enterprise 15

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Leap 15 Released, Based On SUSE Linux Enterprise 15

Released on schedule from the openSUSE Conference 2018 in Prague is the openSUSE Leap 15 release derived from the sources of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also worth noting I guess is the version number change again(where it was 42? briefly with past releases as a big version jump, but now they're going back to normal). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSU...Leap_42_series

Maybe link back to an old article? https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-15-Versioning

Comment

Now installed Leap 15 with KDE Plasma 5, it seems very solid, a great release!
      On my notebook is OK!

Comment

installed since beta and rc... was rocking stable. has lots of packages that are integrated very well together. a distro that gives you no problems and offers nice solutions for known tasks.

Comment

Installed since beta. Kde finally has a wacom control panel now I can map buttons and pen.

Comment

what news on mycroft?

Comment

There was just now a talk about mycroft. You probably should check out the video, when its available.

Mycroft is an open source virtual assistant similar to the ones provided on phones by some companies. It provides some interesting functionality, it's open source, it's easily expanded with new functionality and it's fun. During the last hackweek, I packaged it so it's easy to install on Tumbleweed and in this talk I'll try to show how it works, the changes I did to it in order to package it and maybe how to add a new skill.

Comment

On my notebook all the distributions at boot give me some messages during the boot, doing some research I discovered that it is not anything worrying, but only informative messages. Yesterday when I installed Leap 15 the messages are gone and this makes me think that they worked on the resolution of even small bugs in the kernel. It's nice to have a clean boot without messages, the new Leap boot graphics are very nice.

Comment

HI!

Just one remark: "openSUSE Leap 15 release derived from the sources of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15" is not true. Leap15 and SLE15 share the same code based but are both derived from openSUSE Factory (see https://media.ccc.de/v/1768-developi...ime-impossible for more details about this).

Comment

Working...
                  X