Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Mint Continues Work On Mint 19, LMDE 3

Phoronix: Linux Mint Continues Work On Mint 19, LMDE 3

The Linux Mint project has published their monthly recap of activities going on for April with this popular desktop Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm hoping LMDE is good. I know Ubuntu is Debian based but Canonical does something that makes it goofy for me.

Comment

Rumor has it they might switch to kernel 1.1 in 2 years, so their software stack is not that ancient as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Rumor has it they might switch to kernel 1.1 in 2 years, so their software stack is not that ancient as usual.
        Funny.
        But it's actually a good thing, IMO.
        As a long time Mint user, i always favored the LTS based releases. I never really knew why, but the extra stability and polish were noticeable.
        I'd rather wait a bit more and get a usable system and saving the hassle of upgrading every 6 months...

Comment

Meh, dropping LMDE Mate... I hope the resources they save by not offering that anymore are still well spent.

Comment

Could anyone explain the Home Directory Encryption thing?

Comment

Working...
            X