X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macemoneta
    replied
    Originally posted by pracedru View Post

If Fedora is shipping unstable libraries, then why would i use it in my IOT stuff?
    They are not. Pulseaudio is now 14 years old and quite stable. I haven't even thought about it in many years; it just works. If you're having a problem, recognize that you're in the minority, and probably using some very unusual hardware or your software is screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• pracedru
    replied
    Originally posted by macemoneta View Post

My toaster keeps burning the bread.

Neither this comment nor your post have anything to do with this thread.
    If Fedora is shipping unstable libraries, then why would i use it in my IOT stuff?

Leave a comment:

• pracedru
    replied
    Originally posted by rene View Post

this is normal with PA, I simply use ALSA directly ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utviLZ5c9SE
    I've never had these problems with pulse audio on other distros.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by rene View Post
    this is normal with PA,[/url]
    No it's not. It's at least 3 years that it's not normal for PA to run like crap.

Leave a comment:

• macemoneta
    replied
    I am running Fedora at the moment.
    I'm having a lot of issues with pulse audio. Many programs output garbled noises.
    My toaster keeps burning the bread.

Neither this comment nor your post have anything to do with this thread.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    I'm having a lot of issues with pulse audio. Many programs output garbled noises.
    this is normal with PA, I simply use ALSA directly ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utviLZ5c9SE

Leave a comment:

• pracedru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• q2dg
    replied
    Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
    All that is to say, I'm not sure how Fedora will fit in this environment. They can't directly interoperate with proprietary devices, and they can't interoperate with many LAN of Things devices. Not much info at the Wiki. Maybe MQTT will be the basis? But that still excludes the bulk of existing devices.
    LoRa too

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinK View Post

Why do you think Atomic is not good and do you have any concrete examples of it being forced on people ?
    i wouldnt say Forced just yet, but eventually they will;, as Atomic + Modules seem to be the way Fedora is going

Leave a comment:

• macemoneta
    replied
    Most IoT devices use proprietary cloud-based implementations and apps. Not exactly inline with the ideals of Fedora. I've been replacing firmware with open source code (like Tasmota), as well as my own software on flashable / configurable devices. In this way, none of the devices on my network phone home or use Internet connectivity. Remote operation is via SSH / VPN access only (LAN of Things).

All that is to say, I'm not sure how Fedora will fit in this environment. They can't directly interoperate with proprietary devices, and they can't interoperate with many LAN of Things devices. Not much info at the Wiki. Maybe MQTT will be the basis? But that still excludes the bulk of existing devices.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X