Chromium Now Supports GPU Sandboxing With Radeon Graphics On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
    Are these the same free markets that tell people if they cannot afford 25 bucks for a few bottles of water they deserve to die?
    I second starshipeleven 's notion. If you believe that's ethical or even remotely good, fuck you indeed!
    Do you even notice, that we are talking about graphics cards here? What on earth do they have to do with water, which is the most basic necessity for life? If you really think, that buying high powered graphics cards in huge quantities is somehow unethical, I seriously recommend, you get away from your computer for a while and get in touch with real life.

Water is absolutely necessary for life. "Having my gamez run fasta" just isn't. It's not even on the same scale of importance. When humanity gets advanced enough that "ethics" and "fairness" of distribution of gaming hardware is even worth thinking about, let alone discussing or arguing, we have really won and life in some kind of heavenly existence. Sadly, we are very, very far away from that.

Comment

LMAO@Gamers can just mine ethereum during idle time.

1. That's not fucking idle time then! Your body may idle, your computer certainly won't.
      2. Not everyone owns a power plant. Not everyone has access to $0US water (unless you got a spring or leech off of your parents, how is this even a thing?)

Comment

Originally posted by niner View Post

Do you even notice, that we are talking about graphics cards here? What on earth do they have to do with water, which is the most basic necessity for life? If you really think, that buying high powered graphics cards in huge quantities is somehow unethical, I seriously recommend, you get away from your computer for a while and get in touch with real life.

Water is absolutely necessary for life. "Having my gamez run fasta" just isn't. It's not even on the same scale of importance. When humanity gets advanced enough that "ethics" and "fairness" of distribution of gaming hardware is even worth thinking about, let alone discussing or arguing, we have really won and life in some kind of heavenly existence. Sadly, we are very, very far away from that.
        Of course it's not even remotely on the same level.
        But hey. I'm not the one defending free markets and talking about "muh $0 water" and "muh free electricity" and how everyone can afford everything if they've just got the right connections.

Because, in the end, that's what his shitpost was about. Not GPUs or gaming but a horrible defense of a horrible "free market" concept.

Comment

Working...
        X