Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post

thanks.
    is there any reason why "standard" ubuntu isn't in beta stage?
    Ubuntu has stopped doing alphas and betas some years ago and retained only the daily images, but I don't remember why. There's no longer an officially tagged build, but the code base is still the same as what derivatives use in their alphas and betas.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

So is DRI2 default for everyone?
      Would be nice with DRI2 for some hardware and DRI3 for some hardware.
      Is DRI3 buggy on Intel?
      Can DRI3 be enabled for Wayland?
      Because now DRI2 is used for Wayland.
      Yes, I have issues with all my hardware on Intel with DRI3.
      Wayland does not use DRI, DRI is specific to X.org. Wayland uses its own implementation that is closer to what DRI3 is doing with which btw I have the same problems as with X.org with DRI3.
      Last edited by srakitnican; 01 September 2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I was a bit bummed when they dropped the "Alternate CD", though there's still net-install iso or PXE.
        Tho if I really need/want a "full" iso that boots into an installer I can go with Debian.
        Last ditch resort is to remember not to launch ANYTHING when using live CD on a low-RAM PC.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
          It is remarkable what Ubuntu and GNOME upstream have pulled off in one development cycle. Tracking upstream 3.26, Wayland migration and Ubuntu desktop session are all major achievements!

And yeah, the Ubuntu developers even helped Debian on the path to GNOME 3.26 as well. Expect that to be ready on release day!
          I am very impressed and super excited about this release. They have achieved so much, and have laid a great ground work for 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfarazahmad View Post
            Off topic i still dont get why debian 9 shows up so hogh in benchmarks. whats so special about it. that it even nails fedora
            Fedora (out-the-box) has SELinux, which afaik does some minor CPU usage in the background.

I'm not sure if Debian comes with a MAC. I know Ubuntu comes with AppArmor out-the-box though.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
              It is remarkable what Ubuntu and GNOME upstream have pulled off in one development cycle. Tracking upstream 3.26, Wayland migration and Ubuntu desktop session are all major achievements!

And yeah, the Ubuntu developers even helped Debian on the path to GNOME 3.26 as well. Expect that to be ready on release day!
              Fairly certain you have that backwards. Ubuntu pulls from Debian Sid usually. Besides the Gnome in Ubuntu from the Alpha a few days ago had some crappy static dock on the side that I couldn't get rid of... my Debian Sid setup is nice and normal Gnome...

Did they fix that in the Beta release? By the way, I don't think Gnome 3.26 is actually out yet, right? it's still at 3.25.90 (which is what most of the Debian Sid packages are at.)

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

Fedora (out-the-box) has SELinux, which afaik does some minor CPU usage in the background.

I'm not sure if Debian comes with a MAC. I know Ubuntu comes with AppArmor out-the-box though.
                You actually have the choice of setting up either.

Comment

That page shows nothing but the versions getting bumped in Debian. That and if you ever actually notice... MOST of the package maintainers for Ubuntu... are the same Debian Package maintainers. This is the way it's always worked.

Edit: You do know how Ubuntu works and has always worked right? They do a release, then sync in changes from Debian Unstable, hammer on it for 5 months, freeze for a month, then release, rinse and repeat.
                  Last edited by leech; 17 September 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X