X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
    Me neither! They are dealing with so much breakage and regressions. It is very difficult to get right.

Question comes to mind. Why not skip kde and just do a heavily modified GNOME session like Ubuntu? If that solves 80% of the problems for 20% of the effort then they should consider it. Proper Wayland support even comes for free.
    ... because I hate dictatorships, I love the choice and I consider Kde one of the best desktop environments!

Leave a comment:

• danielnez1
    replied
    Originally posted by theghost View Post

LxQt seems pretty much dead , last commit was 4 months ago: https://github.com/lxde/lxqt
    If you look at the top level repo, the LxQt components are actively developed:

The LXDE desktop repositories. LXDE has 21 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

Leave a comment:

• halo9en
    replied
    Originally posted by srakitnican View Post

But certainly not as fast as something lightweight as Openbox which was my original point.
    Gnome is a full Desktop Environment, Openbox is a Window Manager. You should compare Gnome to KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon, or Budgie.

Leave a comment:

• srakitnican
    replied
    Originally posted by halo9en View Post

I use Gnome + Wayland on my main laptop and it's extremely fast. In fact after trying all sorts of DE's I always went back to Gnome.
    But certainly not as fast as something lightweight as Openbox which was my original point.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied

Facts are facts. Even when we don't like them. If you think the Kubuntu team could do better you should join them. So much potential.
    Are you freaking brain-dead? I've just posted about how Kubuntu doesn't have the problems of adding KDE on top of Ubuntu. It's not as good as Neon, because it comes with older Qt, but it's nowhere near as bad as Michael's findings.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by halo9en View Post

I use Gnome + Wayland on my main laptop and it's extremely fast. In fact after trying all sorts of DE's I always went back to Gnome.
    Quite frankly, no modern DE strikes me as particularly slow. Choosing one seems to come down to personal preference. I'm always frustrated when working in Gnome, I can understand when others feel the same when logging into KDE.

Leave a comment:

• halo9en
    replied
    Originally posted by srakitnican View Post

Quite the contrary. In my experience booting Gnome is painfully slow, especially on Wayland. Not to say that mouse cursor is frozen the whole time, not a good user experience.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Michael I will consider further tests like this ran on Ubuntu (instead of anything else), flamebait.
    I actually came in expecting flamebait, Micheael didn't disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    GhostOfFunkS. I understand your frustration. Extensions Breakage everywhere. Themes fading. Tales of GNOME dominance and glory is now a faint echo. Only way to feel good is shitting on other DEs. 30% marketshare. Developers rewriting user interfaces even faster than the users can learn how to use them. Buggy Wayland adoption. Total rejection from 60% of linux users that actually use a GUI (most businness usage is GUI-less on servers).
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Starship. I understand your frustration. Breakage everywhere. Visions fading. Tales of QT dominance and glory is now a faint echo. Bad benchmarks due to fragile code. Losing marketshare. Developers leaving even faster than the users. Slow Wayland adoption. Total rejection from Enterprise Linux.

I suggest you find another way to vent the anger than misquote the messenger.
    I assure you, over several years, KDE with all its flaws did not annoy me more than you managed to in a few comments (basically one comment repeated over and over).

Michael I will consider further tests like this ran on Ubuntu (instead of anything else), flamebait.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X