No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 2.15 Adds More Direct3D 11 Patches, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this wine staging version just cause 2 works, however vegetation still appears incorrect

In wine vanilla begin works but appears in black when entry in game

In both cases CSMT are required for prevent flickering

Game works stable in test

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
      Office 2016 apps appear to run at Bronze status on Wine, which obviously means very poorly and mostly broken.
      The 32-bit Office 2016 download has a couple of Gold ratings on winehq right now. I've downloaded it and will be trying it out.

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
      Probably best to just grab Virtualbox or VMware Player and install the Windows 10 ISO downloaded from Microsoft's website and run that in an inactivated state... everything basically works except personalization options and an occasional "Activate Windows" nag watermark.
      Adobe Acrobat Pro has been slow and resource hungry under a Virtualbox or VMWare Windows setup when I've tried it that way. Seems to be working at normal speed and using normal resources right now using wine. If MS Office will work, then you've got 99% of your typical business document compatibility issues solved, and most business users would almost never need to fire up a VM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

The 32-bit Office 2016 download has a couple of Gold ratings on winehq right now. I've downloaded it and will be trying it out.

Adobe Acrobat Pro has been slow and resource hungry under a Virtualbox or VMWare Windows setup when I've tried it that way. Seems to be working at normal speed and using normal resources right now using wine. If MS Office will work, then you've got 99% of your typical business document compatibility issues solved, and most business users would almost never need to fire up a VM.
        Yeah, I think I agree. Most office users would consider an OS in a window some kind of voodoo.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Yeah, I think I agree. Most office users would consider an OS in a window some kind of voodoo.
          The main thing is they wouldn't care at all what the underlying OS was as long as it ran the programs they needed.

Comment

Working...
          X