Qt 5.9 LTS Released With Its OpenVG Back-End & Much More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

I thought that issue with 5.8 was patched/fixed shortly after with a point release? Bit saddening to hear it's still an issue with 5.9 LTS release of Qt :\ Was quite a lot of new features being mentioned with 5.9 which while nice isn't what I'd expect of an LTS release. I like Qt but I get the feeling the long standing bugs might not get fixed in the 5.x series and wait until 6.x which is a rewrite?

There is a similar long standing issue with KDE(can't recall if it's due to Qt or something else) where you can't use meta key with numpad keys as shortcuts(such as for where to tile a window, top left corner 7, left half 4, etc), that's been a bug for like 10 years? Brought it up in the community months ago and one of the well known devs Martin(Kwin guy) said it still wasn't something that could be fixed(at least on X). I believe it works fine with other DE though, so kind of unfortunate :\
    There was no Qt 5.8.1

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      That seems to be a gentoo bug with no upsteam equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

I thought that issue with 5.8 was patched/fixed shortly after with a point release? Bit saddening to hear it's still an issue with 5.9 LTS release of Qt :\ Was quite a lot of new features being mentioned with 5.9 which while nice isn't what I'd expect of an LTS release. I like Qt but I get the feeling the long standing bugs might not get fixed in the 5.x series and wait until 6.x which is a rewrite?

There is a similar long standing issue with KDE(can't recall if it's due to Qt or something else) where you can't use meta key with numpad keys as shortcuts(such as for where to tile a window, top left corner 7, left half 4, etc), that's been a bug for like 10 years? Brought it up in the community months ago and one of the well known devs Martin(Kwin guy) said it still wasn't something that could be fixed(at least on X). I believe it works fine with other DE though, so kind of unfortunate :\
        See Jonathan Riddell's comment here: https://plus.google.com/113043070111...ts/ehkJNXbMyGx
        (sorry that stupid thing doesn't seem to let me link comments)

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

That seems to be a gentoo bug with no upsteam equivalent.
          Keep drinking the koolaid... Qt 5.8 was a busted joke of a release.

Sure that bug occurs because the Qt 5.8 libraries install a global configuration file that disabled dbus support by default.

But Arch - which did switch to Qt 5.8 - had a slew of patches to fix Plasma breakages with this Qt version.

Qt 5.9.0 is a much nicer experience on Gentoo...

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post

Keep drinking the koolaid... Qt 5.8 was a busted joke of a release.

Sure that bug occurs because the Qt 5.8 libraries install a global configuration file that disabled dbus support by default.

But Arch - which did switch to Qt 5.8 - had a slew of patches to fix Plasma breakages with this Qt version.

Qt 5.9.0 is a much nicer experience on Gentoo...
            Confirmed Qt 5.8 Plasma 5.10 running great here

Comment

Working...
            X