Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    The forum software has a antispam feature that throws many false positives
    I understand, I was just mystified as to why. I'm sometimes disheartened by the animosity and name calling on this forum, though I fully support free discourse and am glad such speech is not banned. But there was nothing in my original post that was even remotely offensive or contained words that would be flagged. It was purely technical.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
      Unfortunately Kodi 17 removed full audio support for 95% of existing Android devices so many will be sticking with Kodi 16 for quite a long time. To add insult to injury they actually compiled a Kodi 17 version with partially working passthrough audio and call it the "shitty" version. I'm not being rude, and I'm not kidding that's what they named it. It's a stunning development, but hey, thank goodness for Kodi 16.
      I don't see that my "shitty" builds are anywhere official kodi releases. They were made for those poor souls that sold their 40 bugs to some vendors not caring about open standards, not providing updates and putting users at risk by tunneling PT audio via normal PCM audio formats, which is utter shit to every customer out there. If you did not get that: Those boxes are NOT designed to provide ANY passthrough audio at all. Sometimes the truth is hard to be acceptable. But yeah - as you don't like the name - just don't use them in the future. As you are happy with v16 anyways - never change a running system.

Concerning your "alternative facts" in the first sentence: Our stats tell your story a bit differently.

Concerning injury: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735 <- the only thing injured are your ears. But yeah - as this is the thousand's time: I can only explain it to you - I cannot understand it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post

I don't see that my "shitty" builds are anywhere official kodi releases. They were made for those poor souls that sold their 40 bugs to some vendors not caring about open standards, not providing updates and putting users at risk by tunneling PT audio via normal PCM audio formats, which is utter shit to every customer out there. If you did not get that: Those boxes are NOT designed to provide ANY passthrough audio at all. Sometimes the truth is hard to be acceptable. But yeah - as you don't like the name - just don't use them in the future. As you are happy with v16 anyways - never change a running system.

Concerning your "alternative facts" in the first sentence: Our stats tell your story a bit differently.

Concerning injury: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735 <- the only thing injured are your ears. But yeah - as this is the thousand's time: I can only explain it to you - I cannot understand it for you.
        I read the explanation, and it plainly states that Kodi 17 now only fully supports passthrough on Android N, and that's only on some devices. And, according to an April 11, 2017 report from Android Developer Dashboard, N only accounts for 4.9% of Android devices today.

Look, the developers at Kodi are certainly free to do whatever they want, but those are just the facts. However rather than removing support for 95% of existing Android devices I would have just issued a warning to turn the volume down until you're sure it worked on your system.

In any case, I love Kodi and am happy to stay with Kodi 16. I have 13 users on a MySQL Kodi system, and they use a plethora of devices from Fire TV to tablets to phones. I simply don't have $200 to $300 per person to upgrade all of them to something that runs Android N.

Comment

Yes, I've read that statement before and it states that Kodi 17 only fully supports passthrough on Android N, and that's only on some devices. And, according to an April 11, 2017 report by Android Developer Dashboard, N currently only accounts for 4.9% of existing Android devices.

Look, Kodi developers can certainly do whatever they want. However rather than removing full audio support from the vast majority of devices I would have just issued a warning to turn the volume down until you know Kodi 17 works on your system. But I'm happy with Kodi 16 and have far too many users, with a plethora of devices, that they can't afford to upgrade to Android N systems.

In any case, I love Kodi and will continue to use it for as long as possible. I was just very disappointed that for the first time I couldn't upgrade to the latest version. No offense intended.

Comment

Yes, I've read that statement before and it states that Kodi 17 only fully supports passthrough on Android N, and that's only on some devices. And, according to an April 11, 2017 report by Android Developer Dashboard, N currently only accounts for 4.9% of existing Android devices.

Developers can certainly do whatever they want. However rather than removing full audio support from the vast majority of devices I would have just issued a warning to turn the volume down until you know it works on your system. But I'm happy with what I have now and have far too many users with many devices, and that they can't afford to upgrade to Android N systems.

In any case, I love Kodi and will continue to use it for as long as possible. I was just very disappointed that for the first time I couldn't upgrade to the latest version. No offense intended.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post

I'm sorry but I've tried replying 3 times and it doesn't seem I can post on the forums anymore. I have no idea why, I'm always quite polite and civil.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post

Look, Kodi developers can certainly do whatever they want. However rather than removing full audio support from the vast majority of devices I would have just issued a warning to turn the volume down until you know Kodi 17 works on your system. But I'm happy with Kodi 16 and have far too many users, with a plethora of devices, that they can't afford to upgrade to Android N systems.

Your facts are again wrong. Please read the link I gave you again. I listed here which version of android support which kind of PT and that kodi supports it. So - what is missing?

Comment

Working...
                X