Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE digiKam 5.5.0 Released

Phoronix: KDE digiKam 5.5.0 Released

Open-source photographers can now enjoy digiKam 5.5 as the latest version of this high-quality free software photo manager application...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking at the number of my photo files I wonder if I should get into digiKam. Sorting in directories is already a good thing, but I guess it might also be helpful for sorting (out) stuff, maybe also with that similarity tool's help. The geo coordinate thing is nice but my camera is too old / cheap to have a GPS built in and probably there are few external GPS devices which would be able to get data written into the EXIF info.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

digiKam is a great open source / Plasma application that is useful in a number of scenarios:

A) You're into photography, either as a pro or novice
      B) You like tagging and organizing your photos
      C) You want to take control and ownership of your photos as opposed to keeping in the Cloud via Google, Yahoo, Photobucket, Facebook, etc.

Worth checking out.

Comment

I've been into photography for the past decade and have been using digikam for most of it. I highly recommend it. Lots of features and it's flexible enough to work with whatever your workflow is.

Comment

Working...
        X