Wine-Staging 2.0-RC5 Improves Compatibility For Origin, GOG Galaxy & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.0-RC5 Improves Compatibility For Origin, GOG Galaxy & More

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.0-RC5 Improves Compatibility For Origin, GOG Galaxy & More

Wine-Staging 2.0-RC5 was released on Sunday as the newest version of this experimental/testing Wine build. This time around there are some exciting new patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't believe they haven't ported GoG Galaxy to Linux yet. I offered to do it for them for free over a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      I can't believe they haven't ported GoG Galaxy to Linux yet. I offered to do it for them for free over a year ago.
      Feel free to also vote for the following GOG wishlist items:

* Open source the Galaxy client
      * Publish Galaxy protocol specification
      Last edited by shmerl; 16 January 2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Michael Any reason why the links to the article are posted on twitter a lot earlier than they appear on the front page (and display as coming in X minutes for premium users?)

I read this article with a "Premium: coming in 52 minutes" header on the page for the article i was reading.

I get the feeling that your CMS is posting the link to twitter as soon as the article is created rather than when the article should be displayed.

Comment

Origin does not even run well on native Windows. It must be a real pain trying to make it work under Wine.

Comment

If GoG ever went native, or at the very least Windows version supported WINE, the next choice would be making GameRanger work. That thing has been a godsend for getting the multiplays on games that run anywhere, even if it's a bit flash-advertisy (blockers I know, bit I think it's worth its weight in gold).

Well the next logical thing for GoG would be to host their own server system like GameRanger, but anyway.
            Hi

Comment

We may not have Galaxy but at least we have lgogdownloader. I've been taking steps to have it natively supported by Gentoo's Portage so that once you've logged in, you can simply emerge witcher2 or whatever and it'll download and install it for you without any further action required.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                Why would they refuse that? Linux gamers tend to love DRM-free stuff. Now I use steam for everything because it's just easier this way, even with the DRM.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  If GoG ever went native, or at the very least Windows version supported WINE, the next choice would be making GameRanger work. That thing has been a godsend for getting the multiplays on games that run anywhere, even if it's a bit flash-advertisy (blockers I know, bit I think it's worth its weight in gold).

Well the next logical thing for GoG would be to host their own server system like GameRanger, but anyway.
                  GoG Galaxy runs fine under Wine, esp. Wine-Staging.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                    Michael Any reason why the links to the article are posted on twitter a lot earlier than they appear on the front page (and display as coming in X minutes for premium users?)

I read this article with a "Premium: coming in 52 minutes" header on the page for the article i was reading.

I get the feeling that your CMS is posting the link to twitter as soon as the article is created rather than when the article should be displayed.
                    because I don't have Twitter automated but manage it manually, when I write an article to go up in middle of night, I usually post it to Twitter right before I go to sleep.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X