No announcement yet.

Razer Joins The Khronos Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer's customer support is fantastic. Whether or not their products are worth it is up to you; I'd argue you're better off going to a brand like Logitech if you want something cheap and Linux friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post

Personally I think Logitechs MX series is the only one worthy of being called a good mouse. The MX Master is a very nice mouse to hold and the automatic scroll wheel took a few days to get used to but now I doesn't even like my MX Performance any more. So I really recommend a test of it but I bet you won't like the wheel directly so give it a bit of time to get used to.
      Science tells us that our second fastest and precise gaming function after our full hand, is our thumb. Also science tells us that we are slower when we move our fingers away from a fixed position. So my A4tech-X7 combo with a joypad (left hand) with back buttons can really destroy all your mouses and keyboards. Basically you cannot track me at all with your eyes. I'm losing only against a friend of mine and his El'Druin.

Comment

I've stayed away from Razor based on the experiences of my friends. One example, guy had Razor keyboard, mouse, headphones and even mouse-pad too (goliathus it was called). He had to upgrade the Windows control app which also updated his device firmware. This allowed him to configure his mouse, but his keyboard stopped working. He could not revert back to the old version since the new firmware was incompatible with the old control app. There were more stories like this... The point is I had very little respect for them due to their bad software and extreme marketing.

I received a Razer Blackwidow 2013 last week. It's my first mechanical keyboard, so still getting used to it. I really enjoy using it even for coding. I have not tested any post 2014 Razor mice, most of my friends no longer use their products and I sure as hell are not going to buy it myself given the past experiences. I hope them joining the Khronos Group helps to improve past and future products on all platforms, but I'm not holding my breath.

For gaming mice I prever to use steelseries sensei / logitech G500/mx518. In the past for work I used Microsoft keyboard and the scroll wheel toggle is extremely useful on the logitech G500.

Comment

I have used a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse for over a year now, and I'm very satisfied with the ergonomics and build quality. I don't use any special software to control it. All the issues with Razer software is on Windows, so I'm happy it's not available for Linux.

Comment

Obligatory reminder that

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Are Razer mouse any good?

My Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 broke. It was the best mouse ever!
              Now all mice are designed for 12-year-old boys. Focus on ergonomics is gone.

Right now I have a Fnatic Gear mouse, but half my hand is outside, this mouse is designed to fit 10 year old girls hands.
              Roccat

Get them. I care not for Razor, but Roccat actrually have good mice, WITH NATIVE SOFTWARE for programming it's hardware features.
              It's stable;e as fuck. They don't support mice for Linux out of the box, but I bet they released specs to guy ho does programming to them. So far no other peripheral producer does anything even remotely close to them. They currently simply the best when comes to programmable buttons. You can change every button using software, have shift like buttons on mouse, change sensitivity, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

if you need a big mouse for a big hand try the roccat kone xtd. its expensive and a gamer mouse, but it is big enought to fit my prank
                I agree, I like my Kone XTD. More Linux enthusiasts should by Roccat since they support Linux.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Are Razer mouse any good?

My Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 broke. It was the best mouse ever!
                    If you liked the IntelliMouse, try a Zalman M200. Great reliable mouse and a great replacement for an Intellimouse if you dislike Microsoft as a company and don't wish to give them money.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Science tells us that our second fastest and precise gaming function after our full hand, is our thumb. Also science tells us that we are slower when we move our fingers away from a fixed position. So my A4tech-X7 combo with a joypad (left hand) with back buttons can really destroy all your mouses and keyboards. Basically you cannot track me at all with your eyes. I'm losing only against a friend of mine and his El'Druin.
                      Sure, whatever. I don't game.

Comment

Working...
                      X