Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bugs So Far Potentially Blocking The Fedora 25 Release

Phoronix: The Bugs So Far Potentially Blocking The Fedora 25 Release

Adam Williamson of the Fedora QA team has sent out a list of the bugs currently outstanding that could block the Fedora 25 release from happening on its current schedule should they not be fixed in time...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...r-Bugs-Round-1

I noticed the GNOME Shell global menu issue, it hits only Wayland AFAIK.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

So Kde is still on running for wayland primacy.

Comment

The Release Schedule page https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/Schedule shows Nov 15th as Final Release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          So Kde is still on running for wayland primacy.
          KDE is way behind Gnome for everything. I recently tried Fedora 25 beta: it has better Wayland support, better HiDPI support, better multi monitor support, per-output scaling...
          This is a pity because I would love to use KDE (I prefer it), but currently it's almost unusable in my machine: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=365455
          I blamed Intel, but since Gnome works fine the issue is probably in Plasma or QT.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

"KDE doesn't start if the hostname changes during boot"

I hate to say that but... WTF? Who on earth wanna change a hostname during boot???

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
              "KDE doesn't start if the hostname changes during boot"

I hate to say that but... WTF? Who on earth wanna change a hostname during boot???
              Well, some DHCP servers assign a hostname. So, you have hostname "mypc" at boot, and when dhclient obtains network parameters, it will update the hostname to something like "dhcpclientX". I noticed this issue long time ago. It might be more X server specific than KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

Well, some DHCP servers assign a hostname. So, you have hostname "mypc" at boot, and when dhclient obtains network parameters, it will update the hostname to something like "dhcpclientX". I noticed this issue long time ago. It might be more X server specific than KDE.
                Oh... I never used this option because generally you assign a name statically but you are right it is possible. Thx for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X