No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.22.1 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does GNOME and/or GDM work with NVIDIA proprietary graphics? I recall it working fine, up until some point last month or late Aug. I used X exclusively (both for GDM login with the conf option and the GNOME session). The only hint of an issue I saw was some random fourm post on Arch Forums about another user who couldn't get it working either.
    I was also able to reproduce this across openSUSE TW and Fedora Workstation 24. Other display managers and DEs (KDE/SDDM, Budgie/LightDM, Unity/Compiz, Xfce/Xwm?) worked fine.

Comment

Guest did you try off wayland session for gdm?
      Code:
      /etc/gdm/custom.conf:
      # Uncoment the line below to force the login screen to use Xorg
      WaylandEnable=false

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
        Code:
        /etc/gdm/custom.conf:
        WaylandEnable=false
        Thanks for this. After the update, I couldn't log into my computer via gdm. The login screen didn't accept me to edit the password edit box. Logged in via CLI and changed this and it worked again.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
          Mystro256 , thanks for your help, although as I've tried with custom kernel with RT-PREEMPT patch, it doesn't boot into GNOME desktop, something about can't log in, but I'm not sure what it was since I'm switching back to Arch Linux.

In my opinion, it seems Fedora wanted me to use open source drivers. *sigh* Well, I'm planning to switch over to AMD Radeon with AMDGPU. The only reason why I switched to Nvidia is Blender's support for CUDA and better performance-per-watt.

I currently have AMD A8-7600 API and GTX 960 4GB is a significant upgrade to Kaveri's graphics capabilities. Radeon RX 480 is probably what I might go for, although I might wait for 580 next year once I have the funds for a new graphics card.

And BTW, I'm not sure how to quote your post. I can do that when I can tell Chrome for Android to request desktop version of the forum, but in a mobile version, I don't see buttons below each post.
          You, probably, don't need a "custom" kernel (you may not even really need preempt_rt http://jackaudio.org/faq/realtime_vs...me_kernel.html) as there are a few repos for them.
          One is to look on copr. The other is planetccrma

Edit: ignore. I see you've already jumped backed :-)
          Last edited by liam; 13 October 2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
            Code:
            /etc/gdm/custom.conf:
            WaylandEnable=false
            Yeah I tried that and didn't have any luck. I have Optimus as well so it could be possible something changed with how that works, but not really certain.

Comment

Working...
            X