LXQt Memory Usage On Par With LXDE, Loiwer Than Xfce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Everyone around me (we are all IT people) doesn't use any graphical file managers - they are all dog slow, browsing is counter intuitive and involves mouse. You could do the same in bash/zsh/ksh/mc 10 times faster.
    No one but a small minority gives a shit about your "l33t" ways.
    If you want to testdrive a desktop environment, do it right! That includes the file manager.
    Otherwise we might as well be talking about barebone WMs.

So, Gnome3/Cinnamon are barely usable without compositing? What a load of shat.
    They enable compositing by default. Users use the default. Most people don't care about some exotic corner case and it's not how you test software (imagine if no one tested with compositing and something broke. Developers would be like "I dunno. Works fine on my end, using Gnome 3 with compositing turned off...")

My friend has better things to do than reporting bugs.
    In that case, don't you or your buddy dare complain about any bugs.
    Us developers aren't mindreaders, nor are omniscient.

A workaround I offered him works just fine: he added `killall compiz` to his crontab and now his compiz hovers around 100MB instead of over 400MB it had grown to recently.
    That's not a workaround. That's a crock of shit. Kindly step away from the computer!

It's amazing how you're trying hard to argue with me, however you're just talking from a different PoV.
    The difference is that his PoV is sensible whereas yours isn't. He's also far less arrogant about being right than you are about being so awfully wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavman View Post
      Yes, but Windows 3.11 is even better. Gtk2 is mostly dead... Either go with qt or whit gtk3
      About that dead matter, as of last month we can say that gtk3 is also dead

Comment

birdie please show you can multi-quote properly. Also, please use a different offence than "re tardo" as it assumes the opponent knows italian or spanish to understand its true meaning ("king of retards"), it may fail to offend people this way.

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Everyone around me (we are all IT people) doesn't use any graphical file managers - they are all dog slow, browsing is counter intuitive and involves mouse. You could do the same in bash/zsh/ksh/mc 10 times faster.
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

Very funny troll bullshit, but completely irrelevant to the point at hand anyway, normal people (IT or not) use GUIs so GUI file managers matter.

Default install of what?
        Of the DE.
        For whom, Re Tardo?
        Debian Testing.
        Do you know anything about their installation options?
        Yes, default Debian + DEs and their dependencies.

So, Gnome3/Cinnamon are barely usable without compositing? What a load of shat.
        Sad but true.

Re Tardo, I proposed a test for Michael - that's why I was talking about KDE.
        You were talking to me in that post.

My friend has better things to do than reporting bugs. A workaround I offered him works just fine: he added `killall compiz` to his crontab and now his compiz hovers around 100MB instead of over 400MB it had grown to recently.
        No bug report = it didn't happen = you're a sad troll = go away plz.

It's amazing how you're trying hard to argue with me, however you're just talking from a different PoV, so you're not actually contradicting. I lol'ed.
        Yeah I'm just saying that 99% of what you posted is troll bullshit, totally not contradicting.

Comment

Doesnt QT support wayland+nvidia? Perhaps time to ditch KDE and go for LXQT?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            Doesnt QT support wayland+nvidia? Perhaps time to ditch KDE and go for LXQT?
            Yes but I doubt that it works like that. Because KDE is Qt too.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Yes but I doubt that it works like that. Because KDE is Qt too.
              yeah but KDE has its own compositor apart from QTs rendering code. Which is how i understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                yeah but KDE has its own compositor apart from QTs rendering code. Which is how i understood it.
                Hmm, true https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/bl...#comment-71956

It has to use QtCompositor.

LXQt is using Compton https://packages.debian.org/sid/lxqt https://github.com/chjj/compton which is using xlib (yes a X-only library)

so it isn't running on EGLStreams either. Probably not even on Wayland.

Afaik the only linux desktop DE project around that is using Qtcompositor is Papyros http://papyros.io/ (devs of Quartz OS, Evolve OS, and another name I forgot joined forces as their goal is the same, making a DE that follows Material Design principles)
                Still in development and currently available only on Arch (from aur as usual) as they are developing it on Arch https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Papyros_shell
                here is the git where they clearly state they are using QtCompositor https://github.com/papyros/papyros-shell

Comment

unapproved post for cj.wijtmans

Comment

unapproved post for cj.wijtmans
                    Checkout all LXQt components at once by using git submodule. Discussions, Wiki and general issues are here. - lxqt/lxqt

It does seem to have a wayland compositor already.

Comment

Here an obligatory link about Enlightenment https://what.thedailywtf.com/topic/15001/enlightened
                      of course from someone who doesn't actually check the facts or read much beyond a headline. why don't you read further for rebuttals? the guy is not using efl as from upstream but a fork in a very broken development environment, without reading any documentation at all. read on. the guy just has an axe to grind. he's racist and happily leaks private documents. has no respect for anyone. read on. rebuttal further down the comments.

Comment

Working...
                      X