Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

Kubuntu is dead.
    This might be the most stupid comment I've seen on these forums. Ever.

Comment

Started notebook in my docking station, had to restart plasmashell for it to properly handle the seconday, vertical monitor (just like before 5.8). Tried to undock and redock the notebook and it freezes completely after activating the two screens (but with a moved panel and all windows scattered and resized to a quite small size). So you're not alone, @aironeous .

Comment

The taskbar icons and fonts are terrible now. https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=136627

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post
          After 5.8, it's means > 2018
          That sounds wrong.
          I think Plasma releases every 3 months, so there should be several released between now (5.8) and 2018.
          Any of those could have good enough the support for Wayland to allow distributions to switch to that as default.

Cheers,
          _

Comment

so, which distros have 5.8 already?

Comment

aht0 At least Arch and Neon.

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post

That sounds wrong.
                I think Plasma releases every 3 months, so there should be several released between now (5.8) and 2018.
                Any of those could have good enough the support for Wayland to allow distributions to switch to that as default.

Cheers,
                _
                Yes, my comment was before KDE' decision to have normal updates in parallel with LTS. Updated plan https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post
                  Yes, my comment was before KDE' decision to have normal updates in parallel with LTS.
                  That makes no sense. Your comment was made at a time when that had been know for years that there are multiple Plasma release per year.
                  Even more often then the newly release schedule.

Hence the puzzlement about your comment that suddenly there would not only not be many per many but none for several years at all.

Cheers.
                  _

Comment

Working...
                  X