No announcement yet.

A Look At The Exciting Features/Improvements Of GNOME 3.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop down terminal extension doesn't work on Gnome 3.21.92 even when I whitelist the Gnome Shell version. First time an extension is really broken after an update.

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post

GNOME 4.0? Or GTK and GNOME will not share the same version number any more?
      From what I understand, the gtk releases will no longer be tied to the same schedule, as Allan Day basically said:

Every six months a new even development version will be released, such as x.90, x.92, x.94, until the GTK+ team is confident that the new API and feature set are stable.
      Which raises the question, will Gnome 3.24 use GTK 3.22.X or GTK 3.90? Or will it support both?

EDIT: So basically, if I understand correctly, 3.22 will be the last "unified release", then in 6 months it'll be GNOME 3.24 and GTK 3.90, followed by GNOME 3.26 and GTK 3.92, and so on.

Perhaps GNOME will become 4.0 once GTK becomes 4.0? Honestly, I'm not sure; we'll probably need to wait and see.
      Last edited by Mystro256; 20 September 2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

The most exciting feature of this release is the introduced screen flickering and repaint issues Since 3.21.91 my desktop is completely uselss because of those issues. I hoped they will fix them with 3.22, but it;s still here. For anyone reading this - do NOT update. Gnome 3.22 is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
          Can it run Qt5 based application as wayland clients? Plasma 5.8 supports running GTK3 applications natively on Wayland.
          it's the other way around, gtk3 supports running natively on wayland

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            It doesnt support EGLStreams.
            eglstreams do not exist

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
              Last I saw gnome plans on supporting EGLStreams at some point which is disappointing
              nobody is working on it, don't worry

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                Plasma 5.8 doesnt even run on wayland at all. It doesnt support EGLStreams.
                wat? eglstreams is only for nvidia driver

Comment

Ubuntu 16.10 (beta) has some GNOME 3.22 packages, but still some packages are 3.20.

gnome-clocks, gnome-maps, gnome-system-monitor, gnome-disk-utility, baobab, gedit, file-roller are 3.22.
                  But gnome-software, gnome-terminal, gnome-todo, gnome-weather, gnome-shell, mutter and gdm are still 3.20.

Why is your GNOME Terminal dark? Mine is light.

If you have problems with people using adblock, then you might want to look at acceptable ads since some adblockers have a Acceptable Ads Policy which means the adblocker doesn't block all ads.

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
                    Ad blocking sounds like a VERY sane default to me...
                    Mine as well, but let me ask you a question: have you came across websites that tell you to disable adblocker? This happens occasionally, and I fully understand they need to protect their very bottom line by keeping adblockers completely out. With exception for Phoronix, it's not like I visit websites every day. If I have never been to a website but want to check them out to see what information they have that I wanted so I can make purchasing decisions and every single web publisher tells us we can't we adblockers anymore, I'd be happy to stay off the Internet for good.

And then I have a thought: why not "view-fraud?" Just download an ad and hide it, right? Oh, wait! Here comes destructive malvertising for Windows/Mac users...

Comment

The screen flickering is likely to be an Intel driver bug actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X