No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.8 LTS Now Available In Beta Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all these posts like "is this problem or that problem fixed" - why not check the comments in the bug reports you posted to see if anything has been updated?

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post

Sorry to hear :-( We are not aware of any crashers when going to Steam fullscreen videos. Is the crash reported? Anything I can look into?
      Thx for the reply, Martin.
      Not yet, had no time lately, so I had to switch DE.
      Hopefully I got some time on the weekend to reproduce and submit a bug report.

Comment

I'm staying on KDE4 for quite a while yet on the main DT machine, I well remember the KDE 3 to 4 transition and how long that took to become reasonably stable. I do like KDE 5 and am running suse TW on a test machine, keep up the good work and hopefully Nvidia see the error of their ways and reach a reasonable compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

using kubuntu 16.04 with backports (so plasma 5.6.5) on r9 290 with padoka, never had this issue.
          PC is up for about 8h now with use of widgets, menue, krunner and all, plasmashell uses 175mb.
          Well, that's good to hear; that means somewhere is available a software combination that mitigates the problem.
          However it is difficult to say since kubuntu doesn't 100% uses upstream code. (if i'm not wrong, contrary to arch, they do patch upstream).
          Anyway, i'm testing that on qt 5.7.0 + kde 5.7.0

Comment

Since new plasma and new gnome will be released almost at same time. It would be nice to do a comparison between both

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post

Sorry to hear :-( We are not aware of any crashers when going to Steam fullscreen videos. Is the crash reported? Anything I can look into?
              Ok, finally found some minutes to search for a reproducible way to force the crash and opened a bug for it. Let's hope we can sort it out ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post

Honestly the experience has been better for me lately. Kde used to randmize my desktops and layouts every time i booted and at least that got fixed.
                Same here. Plasma 5.7 / Fedora 24. (Minus startup, which sometimes break plasma configuration, forcing me to reload the plasma configuration from backup).
                2K 27" + 1K 24".

- Gilboa
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

May depend on kactivities that crashes on logout.
                  If you see it segfaults in dmesg, try to kill it before logout.
                  I don't use activities, so i kill it at login

Comment

Working...
                  X