FreeType 2.7 Released With A Big Font Rendering Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tajjada View Post
    To me, freetype+infinality, with the standard infinality config (not osx or anything else), looks better than anything else I've ever seen, including Windows's directwrite/cleartype bullshit and Ubuntu. Windows fonts look horrible in comparison; hurt my eyes.

So, to the freetype devs trying to imitate Windows behaviour, I will say: no, thank you, I will stick to my infinality. Maybe you should merge that instead.

Have fun.
    Well, supposedly it IS merged. It is the v38 version. You can even build with all three and select at runtime with an environment variable.

Comment

So, to the freetype devs trying to imitate Windows behaviour, I will say: no, thank you, I will stick to my infinality. Maybe you should merge that instead.
      Guess where the v40 code comes from. And guess what Infinality/v38 does

Comment

Be aware, however, that this is another example of skating to where the puck was, not to where it is headed...

I fully expect the FOS world to engage in the same sort of bickering we're seeing here about "looks, better; so doesn't; does too" until, in five years, they decide that, hey, maybe we should start to look into this new technology Apple and MS have been using for the past four years...

Comment

Working...
        X