KDE Plasma Users Are Still Running Into Multi-Screen Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    > Name one remaining main stream distribution that pushes KDE as the default.
    > [...]

If anyone wants links about companies giving support to Kubuntu, companies selling laptops and other computers with Kubuntu preinstalled, and "KDE’s Plasma used in Hobbit movies" (using Kubuntu),
    Kubuntu is a flavour of a certain distribution (Ubuntu), which

1) Lost official support from Canonical
    2) Is way less popular than the main flavour, see distrowatch

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    he'll have e.g. to look for it, since Phoronix is not allowing posts mentioning their addresses.
    Yeah, the mod queue here also ate some of my posts, most due to URLs, some due to people who disagree reporting them. It happens, no worries

Comment

• Originally posted by Del_ View Post
      Ah, so you actually think you are helpful, stimulating increased efforts to polish Linux desktops. Let me give you a fatherly advice
      Awww, first you pout and throw around insults like a preschooler, then you want to give out fatherly advice? Cute.

Originally posted by Del_ View Post
      positive reinforcement is infinitely more effective.
      Good thing I am not discussing with people here who actually have either the skills or position to fix the issues, then.

Originally posted by Del_ View Post
      Sorry, but now I really have to leave, there is a bunch of free software I want to work with instead of discussing further with you.
      Do that, I shall go outside and enjoy the lovely weather, with one of these mobile devices KDE hopes to support in the far future. Good thing someone else took care of that in the meantime <3

Comment

• Let's try once more to show some links, if Phoronix allows it, even if every "." has to be replaced with a "·":

> Name one remaining main stream distribution that pushes KDE as the default.

Kubuntu is used a lot, in a lot of companies (*), schools, etc. to the point of having commercial support available:
        kubuntu·org/support
        and to the point of coming preinstalled:
        zareason·com/shop/Laptops/ [At the end of the page they write "Supporting Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Fedora, Mint, and Debian Linux"]
        thinkpenguin·com/category/catalog/notebook-computers-gnu-linux

Comment

• Let's try once more to show some links, if Phoronix allows it, even if every "." has to be replaced with a "·":

(*) One famous example in October 2014:

Top open source news website TheMukt has an article headlined [KDE’s Plasma used in Hobbit movies](themukt·com/2014/10/07/kde-plasma-hobbit-movies/). Long time fans of Kubuntu will know of previous boasts that they use a [35,000-Core Ubuntu Farm](blog·dustinkirkland·com/2010/01/39000-core-ubuntu-cluster-renders·html) to render films like Avatar and The Hobbit supported by a Kubuntu desktop. Great to see they’re making use of Plasma and its desktop capabilities.

--wire·kubuntu·org/?p=186

Comment

• Originally posted by darclide View Post
            Well, if that is your idea of and attempt at trolling, you better stay with the regular fanboy answers, they look slightly less pathetic *patpats*
            I'm only adapting my trolling to what you are most likely to understand, since rational explanations as given above aren't effective on your faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by darclide View Post
              Awww, first you pout and throw around insults like a preschooler, then you want to give out fatherly advice? Cute.

Good thing I am not discussing with people here who actually have either the skills or position to fix the issues, then.

Do that, I shall go outside and enjoy the lovely weather, with one of these mobile devices KDE hopes to support in the far future. Good thing someone else took care of that in the meantime <3
              Wow, much win, much self-accomplishment, much no-evidence-claims.

What about you do something more useful than pissing off people in forums?

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                I'm only adapting my trolling to what you are most likely to understand, since rational explanations as given above aren't effective on your faith.
                Nah, whilst I stay perfectly calm and provide sources, you run out of arguments and have to throw a tantrum like a little kid and start to insult, misquote and shout around. But it's cute, keep going, it has some entertainment value at least.

Comment

• > Name one remaining main stream distribution that pushes KDE as the default.

> Lost official support from Canonical. [...]

Canonical never supported standard KDE applications, but the official support of Kubuntu does. The Kubuntu Council is who (kubuntu·org/support) decides who provides the official support of Kubuntu, not Canonical.

Saying that a KDE distribution has enough quality and users to have commercial support and to be preinstalled in desktops and laptops (ZaReason, Thinkpenguin, etc.) says a lot about a distribution that pushes KDE Plasma as the default.

Comment

> Lost official support from Canonical. [...]

Canonical never supported standard KDE applications, but the official support of Kubuntu does. The Kubuntu Council is who (kubuntu·org/support) decides who provides the official support of Kubuntu, not Canonical.

Saying that a KDE distribution has enough quality and users to have commercial support and to be preinstalled in desktops and laptops says a lot about a distribution that pushes KDE Plasma as the default.

Comment

> Lost official support from Canonical.

Canonical never supported standard KDE applications, but the official support of Kubuntu does. The Kubuntu Council is who decides who provides the official support of Kubuntu, not Canonical.

Saying that a KDE distribution has enough quality and users to have commercial support and to be preinstalled in desktops and laptops (ZaReason, Thinkpenguin, etc.) says a lot about a distribution that pushes KDE Plasma as the default.

Comment

Working...
                      X